chapter 6

Cassandra ran over to the closet frantically shoving the clothes aside as she looked for Luke.

"I have to say I didn't have the kid pegged as a magician." Kieran said walking into the closet to sniff around.

Cassandra looked at Beel. "H-he used some kind of Angel magic to teleport right?"

"I-I don't know." Beel looked equally worried.

"Well if he did he probably went back to his dorm right? So he's probably ok." Kieran looked up at them, keeping his cool.

"But we're not sure. We should go look for him." She started toward the door, but Beel held her back.

"Wait if we go looking around now Lucifer will know something's up." He said, frowning.

She sighed and sat down on the bed. "I hope he's ok." She said running her hands through her hair.

The next day dragged by slowly. She hadn't slept at all after Luke disappeared. Surely he had gone home? She had left Kieran behind just in case he showed up again but the anxiety was still eating her alive. Beel kept looking over at her, seeming just as worried as she was.

"Well hello, Beel, Cassandra. Good to see you." She looked up as Simeon walked over to them. She'd been so tired she hadn't noticed him.

"You're looking after Luke, right? I hope he isn't causing too much trouble." He smiled at them apologetically and she felt her stomach drop.

"I'm sorry you got caught up in our squabble. I tried to stop him before he ran off but he was just too quick I'm afraid." Simeon sighed and shook his head, his silky brown hair falling over his eyes. Cassandra and Beel exchanged terrified looks.

"I'd appreciate it if you could take care of him until he's ready to come back. Thank you both." Simeon smiled at them, seeming oblivious to their concerned looks.

"Luke has had a hard time getting used to the Devildom. He tends to judge everything from the perspective of someone from the celestial realm. But being an exchange student is a good chance for him to expand his views. If he gives you too much trouble go ahead and kick him out. I'm sure he'll come back to me if he's got nowhere else to go." Simeon grinned as he looked at her.

"Uh, sure! We'll keep that in mind." She said glancing at Beel.

"Well, then I'll be seeing you." He waved at them as he left the room.

Cassandra looked at Beel, her eyes wide. "He didn't go back to his dorm." Her voice was laced with panic.

"We need to find him, now." Beel said standing up. They both raced back home to search for Luke.

"Where did that little bastard go?!" Kieran hissed as he and Cassandra frantically searched the second floor.

Cassandra had told him that Luke wasn't at purgatory hall when she and Beel had returned home. Now Kieran seemed considerably more worried than he had been before.

Beel met them at the top of the stairs. "I guess you haven't had any luck up here either."

"We should try one more time, maybe we missed something." Cassandra said, her voice tinged with desperation.

"So, you're looking for something are you?" Satan's voice interrupted them. They all turned to look at him as he walked out of his room. "What are you three up to?" He narrowed his emerald eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about. We're not up to anything." Beel said not looking him in the eyes.

"Oh yes, you are. You better tell me the truth, or I might go tell Lucifer about this." Satan's tone was threatening as he looked at her and Beel. She narrowed her eyes at him, so he had been the one to tip off Lucifer the first time.