Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The house of Lamentation was deathly quiet as they walked down the hall. Perhaps the quietest Cassandra had ever seen it. They walked into the library, where the most recent drama had taken place.

"Maybe everyone's still asleep?" Beel said looking around. The library had been put back in order during their absence, almost like nothing had ever happened.

The door creaked open behind them and there was a dramatic gasp. They spun around to see a surprised Asmo in the doorway.

"Well, who do we have here? Had enough of running away from home? That was even faster than expected."

Beel ignored his brother's scathing tone. "Asmo, is Lucifer in his room?" He asked, a man of zero tact.

Asmo glared at them and put his hands on his hips. "Excuse me? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? Isn't there something you'd like to say to the rest of us?" His amber eyes flickered over to her. "Cassandra how about you?"

Cassandra looked away with a guilty expression before looking back at him. "I-I'm sorry for lying to you guys. I didn't want to but I didn't know of any other way..." She trailed off not sure what else to say. To her surprise, Asmo let out a soft chuckle.

"There we go. Very cooperative of you. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find that attractive. Still, do you think you can fix everything with an apology? I'm just going to come out and ask you. When we were alone together, were you thinking about Belphie?"

His question completely blindsided her and she blinked in surprise. "Wh-what?! Of course not! I don't even know him that well to be honest." She shook her head her eyes wide in surprise.

Asmo looked relieved at her response. "You weren't? Really?" He smiled at her happily.

"You were alone with Asmo?" Kieran shot her a questioning look.

"Oh don't be like that Kieran, she's still pure!... For now." Asmo gave her a suggestive smirk.

"Asmodeus!" Beel said in a scornful tone.

"Alright fine, you're no fun. You wanted to know about Lucifer? He's been holed up inside his room since Diavolo left. But listen, you need to talk to Levi and Mammon first. And I believe Satan wanted a word with you as well. I believe he was in the planetarium earlier. Why don't you try looking for him there?" Asmo said and she turned to Kieran and Beel.

"Beel, will you stay with Kieran? I think I need to do this alone." She said.

Beel gave her a worried look but nodded. "Yeah but-" He started to say something but Kieran beat him to it.