chapter 4

Mammon stood outside of Cassandra's room. He was staring at her door trying to think of an excuse to come inside.

He wasn't really sure why he was there, maybe because he couldn't get her conversation with Solomon out of his head. He suddenly realized that he could hear voices coming from inside.

"I think you're overreacting..." Cassandra's voice trailed off.

"I'm telling you, not to get too comfortable. Don't let your guard down." An unfamiliar male voice responded to her.

Mammon froze, was there a man in there with her?! He grabbed the doorknob and flung open the door. Cassandra spun around, her blue eyes wide in shock.

"CASSANDRA WHO THE HELL IS IN YOUR ROO-" He stopped looking around, she was the only person standing there.

"MAMMON! WHAT THE FUCK?! Haven't you heard of knocking?!" She yelled at him in a mixture of shock and anger. Her honey-colored hair was puffed up like a cat.

"I-I thought I heard you talkin' to someone!" Mammon looked around wildly, was there really no one else here?

Cassandra froze, "Oh, um, that was me on the phone." She glanced away from him, looking uncomfortable.

He noticed that she was in her pajamas, a black camisole, and a pair of black sleep shorts with red roses on them. A faint blush crept onto his cheeks, unable to stop himself from catching a glimpse of her cleavage.

"Why were you outside my door anyway?" She was giving him an annoyed look and crossing her arms obstructing his view.

"W-well, I just thought that you'd be super nervous about the competition tomorrow! So what could be better than THE Mammon coming to cheer you up! We can watch some Devilflix together!" He went over and turned on her TV, desperate to change the subject after he'd barged in on her.

Cassandra walked over and closed the door. "Alright, fine. But please knock first next time." She sighed, exasperated, and sat down on the other side of the couch.

Mammon was actually surprised she hadn't thrown him out. He watched as she settled down, the menacing cat tattoo on her shoulder staring back at him.

He quickly looked back at the tv before she caught him staring. "W-well, whaddya wanna watch?" He asked realizing he didn't know what she liked.

"Um, well I guess maybe an adventure movie or something?" She glanced at him, seeming slightly nervous.

"I know just the thing!" He smiled and started a movie.

Mammon had always annoyed his brothers with his commentary and outbursts while watching films but to his surprise, Cassandra only smiled. She even started to chime in, making witty jokes and pointing out plot holes. She actually had him laughing with her to the point where he got worried Lucifer might hear.

He found himself looking over at her more and more. It was almost strange to see her smiling and laughing, she usually seemed so cold.

After a while, she stood up and stretched. "It's getting kinda late. I think we'd better call it a night." She said looking at Mammon.

"Yeah, I'll see ya in the mornin'" He got up to leave.

"Hey, Mammon? ...Thanks." Cassandra said looking slightly embarrassed.

Mammon smiled, "No problem! You can always count on The Mammon!" He said as he walked out the door.

The next day after class, Cassandra walked to the location of the contest she and Levi had agreed on, the great hall at RAD. She walked in and looked around in surprise.