Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Everyone gasped in shock as Belphegor walked into the room with a wide smile on his face.

"Wh-what's going on?" Mammon stammered eyes wide.

"I don't understand. How did you...?" Cassandra trailed off, baffled at how he had gotten out. She had only made pacts with five of his brothers. She and Kieran glanced at each other in confusion.

"Lucifer, what's going on?" Satan asked looking over at a stunned Lucifer.

Lucifer looked away, reverting to his regular form. Belphegor walked over to them and gave Lucifer a cold look.

"I bet this comes as a real surprise, huh? Admit it, you didn't expect this, did you? To think I'd actually show up here after you thought you'd gotten rid of me... Locking me up in the attic and lying to your brothers about where I'd gone."

"The attic...? Locked up...?" Beel said his voice trembling with rage. He reverted back to his regular form as well, clutching his injured arm.

"Forget it Beel. It's okay. I managed to get out as you can see." Belphegor said trying to calm his brother to prevent another rampage.

"Ahh... I've gotta say, this really is nice. I love this feeling. This freedom. And I have you to thank for it, Cassandra." Belphegor turned to look at her with a smile.

Mammon turned around to look at her, confused. "Wait, what? Thanks to Cassandra?" He looked back and forth between her and Belphie.

"... So that's what you've been up to. That was your true goal all along!" Lucifer growled, glaring at her.

"What do you mean by that?" Asmo looked at her, confused.

"You mean that Cassandra and Belphie have met before? And the reason for wanting to make pacts with us has something to do with what's happening now?" Satan put the pieces together, his voice growing more upset as he did so. He seemed hurt as he looked over at her.

Mammon gasped in shock, he also had a hurt expression on his face. She felt her stomach twist as he looked at her. She refused to meet his gaze, looking down at the floor.

"Y-you've got to be joking. How could she have been in any sort of position to make this happen?" Asmo said still in utter disbelief.

Beel stepped forward shaking his head. "Who cares? None of that matters now." He smiled and went over to Belphegor embracing him tightly. "Belphie...! I missed you so much!"

Belphie hugged him back smiling. "You're the only one, Beel. The only one who's happy to see me, the only one who came up and hugged me." He stepped away from Beel and gave the rest of his brothers a cold look. "Pay attention guys, you could learn a thing or two."