Chapter 12

Chapter 12

When they got back to the Devildom, Cassandra ended up going back to her room. Mammon had invited her to go to one of his photo shoots but she declined, saying she wanted to catch up on homework.

She opened the door to her room and was surprised to see Kieran on her desk looking over some magic seals from her homework.

He perked up when he saw her come in. "You're back! Must've been quite the shopping trip."

"Yeah about that. We ended up in London." She let out a laugh and told him about the train ride.

"So you ended up working huh? Figures." He shook his head. She sat down next to him and got to work. He helped her with some of the more complex magic circles she was working on and before she knew it they'd been at it for a couple of hours.

"I think that's enough for today." She said stretching and getting up to lay down in her bed. Tomorrow was the speech Lucifer had been fretting about, and she wondered what they'd say about her.

Kieran eyed her curiously for a moment. "Ya know... I couldn't help but notice... That the bedsheets smelled like Mammon."

She sat bolt upright in the bed. "Wh-! NO! It wasn't like that! He was just comforting me after a nightmare that's all!" She said hastily feeling the blood rush to her cheeks.

"What? All night?" Kieran continued to tease her, waving his tail back and forth. "You like him don't you?"

She gasped, it felt like her stomach was doing flips. "What? N-no I couldn't. Me? Fall in love? Pfft as if." She crossed her arms glaring at him.

"I never said anything about love but ok if you insist." Kieran laughed at her and she thwacked him with a pillow. "Oof- hey watch it!" He grumbled swatting the cushion away.

The next day Lord Diavolo invited them all out to dinner at Ristorante Six to celebrate Lucifer and Satan returning to their bodies. He even made sure Kieran could come. Kieran tried to hide his excitement, but he was ecstatic to be able to eat out for the first time in twenty years.

"Alright does everyone have a glass now?" Lucifer asked holding up his glass of demonus.

"YOU KNOW IT! LET'S DO THIS!" Mammon shouted enthusiastically.

"Wait a second... Beel's already eating! Shouldn't someone stop him?" Asmo said as Beel scarfed down some bread.

Diavolo laughed good-naturedly. "Well, that's alright. Why don't we go ahead with our toast."