chapter 8

After they had gotten out of the labyrinth, Cassandra excused herself to go take a shower. She didn't want to go to dinner smelling like snake.

In the shower she traced over her newest pact mark, Beel's, that had ended up on her stomach, just under her breasts. It was sort of arrow shaped, and it somewhat reminded her of an airplane.

She rejoined everyone at dinner, the dining hall was massive. An incredible amount of food was set on the table. The food was very gourmet looking, much fancier than she and Kieran were accustomed to.

She sat down next to Kieran, his seat was set up like back at the house of Lamentation, with cushions so he was level with his plate.

Solomon took the seat on her other side, much to Kieran's and Mammon's displeasure. Mammon grumbled and took the seat across from her.

As they were eating they all took turns recounting what had happened in the labyrinth.

"It was amazing how Cassandra took on that snake, not as amazing as I was when I charmed it but still." Asmo had gotten to the part where she had restrained Henry. This had earned her several confused looks from everyone who hadn't been there.

Kieran chuckled and narrowed his eyes. "That's my girl!" He purred looking proud. "I wouldn't have expected anything less."

"Oh? You don't say." Lucifer's eyes burned into her from across the table.

"I have to manage without magic somehow." She shrugged and continued to eat her meal. It was absolutely delicious, almost enough to make her forget the uncomfortable situation.

"Barbatos, your cooking is amazing. I don't think I've ever had food this good." She smiled at Barbatos, trying to get the conversation away from herself.

"Why thank you, Cassandra. That's quite a compliment." He smiled back at her in his usual formal manner.

"Well, I'm glad we have such a capable human in our exchange program." Lord Diavolo grinned at her while Lucifer sighed looking tired. She caught Solomon giving her a sly look at Diavolo's words.

"Well, in any event, it's really awful that you and Cassandra got caught up in this mess." Simeon said with a frown as he looked at her and Solomon.

"Actually, I ended up enjoying myself in a way. Sure it was a complete accident, but I did get to go inside the rumored underground labyrinth and I got to see a Grimm in action." Solomon grinned at her.

The rest of the evening was rather uneventful aside from Mammon busting into her shared room to try and start a pillow fight. After he had been promptly been dragged out by Lucifer they'd all gotten a good night's sleep.

She'd been worried that she'd have nightmares and wake her roommates but perhaps due to the alcohol she'd had at dinner she slept peacefully.

The next morning after breakfast they assembled in the hall to hear about the scavenger hunt that was planned.

"All right, it's time to explain what we have planned for day two of the retreat. We will be having a scavenger hunt. Each group will be given riddles to solve. Each riddle hints at one of the works of art or historical items here. Once you figure out the answer take a picture of the item in question." Lucifer explained to them.

"We're doing this in groups, huh? In that case, I'm groupin' up with Cassandra." Mammon made a B-line in her direction but Diavolo stopped him.

"Why don't we just say that the groups will be made up of the same people you share a room with?" Diavolo said ignoring Mammon's growl of frustration.