chapter 7

Chapter 7

The next day Cassandra and Kieran were instructed to attend a student council meeting.

"Well, it seems everyone's here. Shall we get started Lucifer?" Diavolo said with his usual smile.

"All right, I'm going to go ahead and call this officers' meeting to order. To start things off, Lord Diavolo has an announcement." Lucifer said and everyone went quiet.

"Yes. I'm planning an exchange party between demons, angels, and humans to be held at my castle." Diavolo said looking excited but Lucifer didn't seem to share this sentiment.

"Nothing like this has ever happened before has it?" Asmo looked startled as he started up a Diavolo with wide amber eyes.

"No, indeed not. But there has to be a first time for everything. And you all are going to be present to witness this particular first. I'll let Lucifer give you a run down of the events." Diavolo nodded to Lucifer.

"The exchange party will be held at the demon lord's Castle. In addition to spending the night there, you'll be attending several events, including a dinner party and a formal dance." Beel smiled when he mentioned a dinner party.

"A formal dance?" Cassandra said, feeling her mouth go dry. She had nothing to wear.

"Yes! I assume you're concerned about having nothing to wear, Cassandra. But don't worry! Barbatos will help you get ready, I already talked it over with him." Diavolo enthusiastically answered her question.

"Um, that's ok I guess." She said not quite sure how to take his response. She exchanged glances with Kieran as the brothers continued talking, asking Diavolo and Lucifer questions.

That night she and Kieran went up to see Belphegor up in the attic after dinner.

"I made a pact with Beel." She said as he greeted them at the top of the stairs.

He looked surprised for a moment then smiled. "You did? You know I really didn't think you were going to help me so I didn't get my hopes up but you seem to be gaining their trust. You're already halfway to our goal. Did Lucifer say anything about the attic?"

She told him about the spell he had cast on the stairway and how he was certain she hadn't met him.

"Since this is Lucifer we're talking about, I assumed he would've put some sort of spell on this room as well, like the staircase..." Belphegor paused to look at her with renewed interest.

"So then, what's going on here? How is it that you two can see this room?" He glanced down at Kieran.