chapter 2

Cassandra opened her eyes to see that it was still dark outside. She checked her D.D.D, and 7:30 was displayed on the home screen.

I guess it's always night here. She thought as she got up and headed towards the closest. Kieran stirred as she left the bed.

She reached inside, grabbing the uniform that was hanging there. To her dismay, she saw that it included a skirt. She swore under her breath as she started to get dressed.

"Uh oh, looks like the tomboy is going to have to wear a skirt." Kieran chuckled.

Blushing with a mix of embarrassment and anger, she slipped on the black pleated skirt. Fortunately, it wasn't too short, stopping just above the knee.

She stood in front of the mirror to button the green dress shirt. To her surprise, she didn't have to struggle with the buttons at her chest like with most dress shirts. She had a somewhat large bust that usually gave her a hard time but the uniform fit her curves perfectly. She then put on the black military-style overcoat.

How did they know my size? She wondered as she fiddled with the brass buttons.

"I'll tag along with you today. I don't trust that moron to look after you." Kieran said as she put on her socks and combat boots.

"Are you sure you'll be able to conceal yourself for that long?" Cassandra gave him a worried look.

Kieran looked offended, "What do you think I'm some sort of amateur? Of course I can, I've done it plenty of times!" He huffed jumping down and heading for the door.

She got up to follow him, pausing to slip her boot knife into her boot.

They had managed to get to the dining hall before all the food was gone, much to Beelzebub's disappointment.

The food was very different from what she was used to, but not wanting to appear picky, she forced herself to eat what was in front of her. She waited until no one was looking and snuck Kieran some food.

After breakfast, Mammon showed her the way to class, complaining the entire time. He ditched her as soon as they got there but she didn't really mind. His whining was getting on her nerves anyway.

As she headed up the stairs she noticed a couple of demons watching her.

"Check it out, that's the human that everybody's talking about. Do you think it's true that Mammon became a babysitter?" The first one said with a sneer.

"Well if so then I'd say that works out great don't ya think? If we wait to strike when he's not paying attention he'll never know it was us. We should devour her before Beel does." The second one licked his lips as he eyed her hungrily.

Cassandra started to crouch down so she could reach her boot knife but before she could grab it someone called out to her.

"Hey, you there, your name is Cassandra isn't it?" Cassandra whipped around to see a man with silver hair and brown eyes standing behind her. He must have been a student since he was wearing a uniform. He was holding a D.D.D out towards her.

"This D.D.D belongs to you. I saw you drop it just now." He said smiling. Cassandra realized it must have slipped out of her pocket when she was reaching for her boot knife.