chapter 9

Chapter 9

Cassandra was woken up the next morning by Mammon groaning on the floor. She dragged herself to the edge of the bed and looked down at him.

"Hey, man are you ok?" She peered down at him and as he opened his eyes. His white hair was rumpled from sleeping in an awkward position.

"...Cassandra? What are ya doin' in my room?" He squinted at her looking confused.

"You're in our room stupid. Lucifer knocked you out remember? You've been on the floor all night." Kieran huffed next to her glaring down at Mammon.

Mammon sat up realizing where he was. "Those bastards... left me on the floor..." He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down seeing that he'd been tucked in. He looked back at her.

"I didn't want to hear you complaining about being stiff." She looked away abruptly blushing slightly. She climbed out of bed and went to grab some clothes. She saw that Simeon and Asmo were still asleep.

"Thanks..." Mammon mumbled as he scratched his head blushing as well. "Where are ya going?"

"I gotta help Barbatos with lunch remember? You can go back to sleep if you want." She glanced at him and Kieran before she left to get ready in the bathroom down the hall.

A few hours later after she'd finished cooking she walked out into the main hall to see that most of the brothers had finally gotten up.

They all looked exhausted from the pillow fight the night before.

"I guess no one got enough sleep last night, did they?" Said Simeon who didn't seem all that tired.

Beel shrugged, he looked the best out of all his brothers. "I'm okay, personally. Lack of sleep is nothing compared to hunger."

Asmo shot Mammon a dirty look. "Look at what you did Mammon! I didn't get enough sleep, and now my skin's in terrible shape!"

"How's that MY fault?! You're the one who wouldn't get your hands off Cassandra!" Mammon snapped back.

Asmo snorted and gave Mammon a disdainful look. "You're an idiot. Even when you get jealous it's over something stupid! I mean, if you want to get lovey-dovey with Cassandra, then why don't you just do it?" Asmo waved his hand in her direction and she blushed.

Mammon blushed, turning red under his yellow-tinted sunglasses. "Wh... Hey! C-cmon, as if I'd ever get lovey-dovey with a human! The odor would rub off on me!"

Asmo shook his head. "I'm not sure Cassandra even counts as a human. Besides I love the way she smells, she smells like roses to me." He turned and smiled at her.

Just then Barbatos came out of the dining room where he'd been setting up the table. "Good morning, everyone. Oh, I'm sorry. I suppose it's not correct to say good morning considering its past noon."

Satan raised an eyebrow at him. "Is that sarcasm I hear?... Anyway, where's Lord Diavolo?"

"He's still in bed. He and Lucifer stayed up talking well after the rest of you went to sleep." Barbatos said.

"Can we get to the part where we eat now?" Beel said clutching his stomach.

Barbatos nodded. "Ah, yes. Pardon me. Lunch is ready and waiting." Beel didn't waste another second and walked into the dining room.