Meanwhile, back at the Ranch

Deeper down the Angeles Chrest Hwy. about ten miles past Christal Springs, there's another Restaurant. Though not quite as old as the other, none the less it had been there a very long time.  It's called Newcombs Ranch, with a full bar, a small restaurant/grill and was a famous meeting place for local bikers and motor cyclists to meet up on the weekend.

It was much larger and could seat a hundred people if needed. It was rustic ranch house style with lots of motorcycle paraphernalia hanging from the walls, a stone fireplace, brownstone floors and plenty of windows behind the long bar that looked out at the dirt parking lot that could park three hundred bikes if it needed. 

opened Thursday till Sunday from 9:00 till 4:30 and that was it. Breakfast, lunch and plenty of beers from all over the world you've never heard of and lots of likeminded bike lovers from every walk of life.  Once upon a time Jimmy used to tend bar there and became pretty well known as the albino with the knucklehead. 

That was over twenty years ago but he remained friends with the family who owns the joint to this day.  Occasionally, when he felt like going for a little ride on the knuck, he would still make his way there on a Friday or Sunday and would sit around with the guys and gals and talk about motorcycles.  It made Jimmy feel good for those that appreciated old iron to be amazed that it was unrestored and ridden on the regular.  He felt like he owed it to the world and to the Knuckle to show them these old bikes would keep on chugging away if given the proper maintenance, love and care.

   Today was one of those days. He shined up the old girl, put on his WW2 leather helmet and goggles and headed out, there was somebody he wanted to talk to there today.