AND HE WALKED RIGHT DOWN THE HALL

I found myself at a funeral but I didn't know who it was for. There was a very long walk down the center isle that I was slowly moving down, but not walking, more floating, like a camera moving down the way. There were very few people there, no minister and all was quiet except for the organ playing " bringing in the shives."   

IN the front row was a woman seated between two men, she was sobbing, all I could see was the backs of their heads, they were seated on the right side. On the left was my mother, I could tell because she was wearing a scarf around her hair that I gave her for Christmas last year. 

Still I slowly moved down the isle, everything calm, quiet, sublime and unreal. "why am I here?" I thought, "who is this for? what is my Mom doing here?"

As I got closer Dale turned around looking perfectly normal in a black tuxedo, and said, "we've been waiting for you little chum." just as he spoke the other two, Heather and Worm echoed the same thing, "We've been waiting for you little chum." They all glanced up at the sarcophagus causing me to look too. Slowly the head end of it began to slowly creak open and I got scared.  Gooseflesh on my arms and the back of my neck and I was aware of my feet. They wanted me to look into the coffin but I didn't want to, I needed to but I didn't want to.  I looked over to my Mom and she just looked at me with a blank expression, looking me in the eye, then the horrible container that I knew was going to break me in some way I've yet to be broken.

I couldn't stop myself, a terrible curiosity drew me to the stairs up to the mysterious container of some awful truth I did not want to know. As I stepped on the first of two steps I heard snickering and muffled laughter coming from the three dead people behind me, I turned to look at them but all was solemn. "Not funny you guys." I said, "what horror awaits me in the coffin? is it my father? Where are all his friends?

"It's a biiiiiggg surprise little buddy!" Heather said from beneath her black shawl, netting covering her face, "you're gonna love it, I promise" she was as solemn as could be. her perfectly shaped face was so pale, the black net barely hid her beauty but; how could I trust her?  Is it her I don't trust or is it me? I had become quite paranoid lately and this bitch tried to kill me once. There was a soft golden glow, an inviting glow from inside the coffin. My attention completely absorbed I was drawn to the glowing coffin like a magnet to a refrigerator.

Behind me now was a full on celebration of name calling and laughter as I took the last step too see who was inside the vestibule. Nothing could stop what was coming....I peered over the edge.