Untitled Part 63

I hated to do it but I had to call Michelle at work and hope she didn't get in too much trouble. All I could think at this point was that I was happy that whole Al's deal was a nightmare and not my mind caving in on itself. "Though not exactly a nightmare was it," I thought. 

Kissing girl Carry said I was only out for a second as Goofy Gale brought me an ice cold beer in a frosted bottle. Gale didn't look quite old enough to be Carry's mother, after all, maybe an Aunt though,

 she said, "What were you screaming about? The screaming scared us more than anything else, totally freaked me out, you sounded like someone was killing you, dude."

"Believe me ladies, you don't want no part of what's going on in my skull. let's just say I had a nightmare."

Then Carry said, "You were barely out a second, that doesn't seem long enough to have a nightmare. Did you get some bad acid or something?"

"Oh yeah," I said, "bad acid is part of the equation all right but I think we should just leave it at that; OK?

I took a pull on the Michelob, the coolness went through my body with a rejuvenating consequence. I felt a lot better and the nervousness was subsiding. "I really need to call my girlfriend if you don't mind, I don't want her waiting for me in the Valley."

Gale brought me the phone on a long cord from somewhere around the corner, it was festooned with peace signs, stars, and glittery stickers that said "free love" and "give peace a chance." I dialed the number for the, In and Out, and got past the manager, I heard him call out for Michelle in a not too happy tone. She picked up and asked, 

"Why are you calling me here Merrill? It better be an emergency."

The girls were eavesdropping so I said,

"It is an emergency, I've been kidnapped by two hippy chicks in a VW bus!"  

They both cracked up...