WAKE UP!

I woke with a start on the floor of the VW bus with kissing girl over me, lightly slapping my face.

"Wake up bro, C'mon, say something!" she was very sweet.

"What, what the fuck, where am I, what happened?"

"Dude! You freaked us out, I was like, you know, we were kissing and you just fell over."

"Huh, what, what, oh yeah kissing, I remember kissing, good kissing, very good kissing, then falling, I remember falling."

"Yeah man, you just went limp in my arms and down you went; you bit my tongue too fucker."

I tried to sit up, I was flat on the floor between the drivers seat and the rear passenger seat. I felt a bump on my noggin and my head hurt. The bus was at the curb and mom was behind kissing girl.

"What's your name honey pie? (honey pie? where the hell did that come from I thought, must be a Beatles reference in my loopy mind)

"My name is Carrie and my friend here is Gale, Goofy Gale we call her, did you hit your head Merrill, that's a cool name, Merrill, pretty good kisser too."

Still a little groggy, my head pounding a little, looking through half open eyelids, trying to sit up again. "What was that weed? Is their Angle Dust in that shit or something?

"You were screaming sweetie, sounded like a fucking banshee, like someone was killing you." Said Carrie concerned. You should just lay there a minute, drink a little of this orange juice."

She put a bottle of juice to my lips and helped me lift my head to drink. She smelled of patchouli oil and pot, she was even prettier from this angle, a real fox not more than seventeen, sky blue eyes almost the same color as her lips. If I didn't have Michelle I would have had to consider getting to know her much better, especially after a kiss that can almost kill a man. The juice was good and her touch gentle.

"We're gonna take you to our house till we're sure you're OK."

I heard the door close behind her and the motor of the bus starting up.

"No No No, I need to get to the valley, I can't fuck around with this."

"We aren't giving you a choice bro, if you were looking at you from my eyes, you would just say thank you."

I took a deep breath and saw the concern in her face and conceded, "OK, Thank you, thank you very much, do you guys have a phone so I can call my girl?"

"Sure we do, it's not far, we'll be there in just a minute, just take it, easy bro."

It was only then I began to taste a trace of blood on my lips...