10

Olympia hospital, 2:00 pm
JJ had calmed down after a while, so we were laying quietly again. "Jayje can you try and eat something please?"

Hotch had dropped off a sandwich while JJ was asleep. She laid her head on my shoulder. "Cmon. Just a little bit." I kissed her forehead.

"Okay." She whispered. I grabbed the sandwich and handed it to her. She stared at it, leaning further into me. Finally she took a bite, nearly crying again.

"Good job baby." I smiled, rubbing her arm. After around 10 minutes she had eaten about 3/4 of the sandwich. I decided not to force her to finish the rest.

"I love you." I whispered, wrapping my arms tighter around her. "I love you too." She responded.

Just then her doctor came in. "You're free to go. Just sign these release forms." He said.

JJ signed the forms and the doctor took the iv out of her arm. After everything he walked out, and JJ was finally able to go.

"The teams at the hotel getting some sleep. We'll probably fly back tonight." I said.

"Okay." She nodded. "Let's just go back to the hotel and relax a little."

We walked out of the hospital and down to JJ's car. I drove, because she was still tired.

When we finally got to the hotel, we quickly made our way up to the room. When we got there JJ flopped down on the bed, resting against a pillow. "It's cold." She whined. "It's almost 75°." I laughed. "How can you be cold?"

She pouted, before chucking a pillow at my face. "I'm cold."

I took my jacket and wrapped it around her. "Better?" I asked. "No." She responded. "Okay. What would make it better?"

"Come hug me." She said, opening her arms. "So this is what you wanted." I chuckled, laying down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her, and kissed her lips. "I love you."

I felt her feet kicking up and down lightly. "I love you too." She whispered, kissing me again. I started to feel more tired. A few minutes later I drifted off to sleep, JJ close after.

May 10th, 12:05 am
We were finally back home. The jet ride home was long, but JJ and I both slept through most of it. Even then, by the time we got home we were both exhausted.

I unlocked my front door letting us both in. JJ and I didn't technically live together, but she slept here almost everyday. She still has her place because she kept it after Will moved out.

"Tomorrows Saturday so no work. Well technically today is Saturday." I laughed, realizing it was past midnight. "I'm fine with sleeping through the entire day." JJ sighed, as we headed upstairs.

"Me too." I walked into the bedroom, picking out some pajamas to wear. We both changed, and flopped down on the bed.

We laid face to face. I remembered I wanted to talk to her still. "JJ." By the tone of my voice I think she could tell I was being serious. She shut her eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"JJ." I repeated, stroking over her cheek with my thumb. She let out a sigh and opened her eyes. "Yeah?" She asked, quietly.

"Do you want to tell me what happened with you and Penelope earlier?"

"No."

"You seemed pretty upset by it. Did she say something?" I asked her. She didn't respond, and started picking at her nails. I know Penelope always means the best, but a lot of times she can be overbearing.

"What happened jayje?" I asked her again, brushing some hair out of her face. "S-she said that I can't run anymore because it's bad but I like to run." She whimpered. "She said that if I don't listen I'm ruining your life I'm sorry emily I don't want to ruin your life." She started to cry. "I-I'm sorry emily."