42

May 9th, 6:05 pm
"Where are we going?" JJ asked, for the millionth time. I had something very special planned for tonight.

"We're going out to dinner. A nice place. That's all I'm telling you." I said, as she flopped down onto the bed. "If you don't tell me where we're going how do I know what to wear?" She asked me.

I hovered over her, kissing her gently. "You look beautiful in everything."

"That's not helpful!" She complained, trying to hide the fact that she was blushing.

"Wear one of your dresses." I said, pulling her up. "It's a fancy place. Meet me in the car in half an hour." I gave her one last kiss, before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

I went into the guest bedroom, where I had already laid out what I'm wearing. I decided on a skin tight red dress, that ended just above my knee. I did my makeup, and curled my hair.

After I was finished, I grabbed my purse and headed into the car.

Around 5 minutes later JJ got into the passenger seat. She was wearing a teal lacy dress that went past her knees, and was half sleeved. It showed her baby bump that was starting to get bigger. "You look gorgeous." I said, admiring her.

"Thank you." She smiled. "But you never get dressed up like this. Where are we going?"

"We're going out to dinner." I told her, turning on the car. "Have I ever been to the restaurant?" She asked. "Nope. It's a new place."

"Is there a reason we're going?" She asked me, as I started driving. "Because I love you and you deserve something nice." I said simply.

Fiola Mare, 6:45 pm
I got out of the car, taking JJ's hand as we walked inside. "Emily this place is expensive." She said, as she looked around. It was a waterfront restaurant and the roof apparently had an amazing view.

"Don't worry about it." I leaned in and kissed her, right before we entered. It was Saturday night, so of course I had made a reservation way before this.

We got a table right away, and started looking at the menus.

Fiola Mare, 8:15 pm
After we finished dinner we ordered dessert, and everything was amazing. JJ couldn't drink so I didn't either, but it was still incredible.

After I paid the bill, I took her hand and led her up the back stairs. "Where are we going?" She asked, as I dragged her.

"To the roof." I said, opening the door. It was completely empty, with a few tables and chairs here and there, but they weren't seating people up here.

The sun was in the middle of setting, and we truly did have a perfect view of the water. "Wow." JJ stuttered, taking in everything.

I stood behind her, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. "It's beautiful, don't you think?"

"It's amazing." She whispered. She kept her eyes looking outwards, so she didn't see when I reached into my pocket.

As she turned around, she saw me down on one knee, holding a black velvet ring box.

"Emily?" Her hand went over her mouth, as she nearly fell back against the railing.

"JJ." I smiled, as tears nearly formed in her eyes. "I think you already know I love you more than anything in the world. I've been in love with you since the first day I saw you. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. And you're the smartest, most thoughtful, caring, and sweetest human being on this planet. I love you, and I want to be with you forever. Jennifer Jareau, will you marry me?"