32

JJ and I headed down to the kitchen after a while. "I made some soup. Think you can eat a bowl?" I asked her. She nodded.

I heated it up, and then served her a bowl along with myself. We sat at the island together and ate.

After we finished I cleared the dishes. "Can we go for a walk?" JJ asked me softly. "Are you sure you're up for it?" A short walk shouldn't be too much, but she is still healing.

"I'm fine." She said. "I want to go outside."

"Okay." I nodded. "Not to long though. You need to get used to it first."

She agreed, and we both put on our shoes and headed outside.

We walked around the block, which was pretty nice. We didn't talk, we just kept walking. I held my hand in hers as she stared at the sky. We went around once, which is about a mile, but JJ insisted that she wasn't tired. We ended up going around one more time, until I finally forced her to stop.

We had walked slow, so by the time we got back it was already starting to get dark.

We sat on the porch swing, and watched the sunset together. JJ leaned against my shoulder and we still sat in silence. The sunset was especially beautiful today.

After it had gotten completely dark, I realized how late it was getting. "Come on, let's go inside." I said.

We went inside, and I locked the door behind us. As I started to walk upstairs, I saw JJ turn back and double check the lock again.

Then JJ followed me into the bedroom. As I was changing into pajamas, JJ said, "I'll be right back. I forgot something."

She went down the stairs again, and I could hear her double checking the lock for the second time. After I finished changing I went downstairs, placing my hand on her shoulder.

She jumped. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

She nodded, clicking the lock again. I gently placed my hands over hers, pulling them away from the door. "The doors locked baby. No one's getting in. Come on, let's go back upstairs."

I took her upstairs, and brushed my teeth as she changed. After that we both got in bed. It was around 9:30, so still pretty early. "Want to watch some tv?" I asked.

She nodded, cuddling into my side. I put on modern family, because it was a show we both loved.

As we watched the show, I noticed JJ looking a little weirder. It was clear she was feeling sick again.

Soon the show ended, and I turned off the tv. "Are you not feeling good?"

JJ shrugged, not answering me. "Let's try and sleep. Even if you can sleep for a little bit it's good." I kissed the top of her head, and laid down. 

JJ fell asleep before I did tonight, probably because she was so tired. After around 10 minutes I was able to fall asleep too.

2:45 am
When I heard the sound of vomiting in the bathroom I wasn't really surprised. What I was surprised about, is that she was able to sleep for almost 5 hours.

I got up, sitting next to JJ and holding her as she fell back into my arms. "I'm sorry JJ. I don't know why this is happening. I'm going to try my best to figure it out sweetie."

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault."

"It is my fault." She cried. I rubbed her back. "Jayje it's not your fault." I tried to reassure her. "It is my fault!"

Now I wasn't sure what she meant. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "It's my fault." She repeated. "I did this to myself."

"What? What did you do?" I was getting worried now. "I lied to you." Tears streamed down her face. "I'm sorry. I lied to you it's my fault."