52

I wanted to cry. JJ was gone. I lost her. I'm a fucking idiot.

I wanted to call her again but my phone was still dead. I paced around the room, thinking about what I should do next.

Suddenly I heard a creaking in the floor. I looked around, but didn't see anything. I went outside and kept looking.

I walked around through the rooms, trying to figure out what it was.

When I walked into the nursery I was shocked. It was JJ. She wasn't gone. She was laying on the floor of the nursery.

She was sleeping with no pillow or blanket. Just on the floor. Her long hair was fanned out around her and her face was tear stained.

I was just so happy she was here. She wasn't gone. She didn't leave. She was here.

I didn't even care that she was sleeping. I knelt down in front of her, picking her up into my lap. I leaned back against the wall and held her tight.

She slowly started to wake up. She murmured something and opened her eyes. She looked around trying to see who was holding her and what was going on.

I didn't let go. Finally she saw it was me. "Emily?" She asked softly, her eyes watering. "I thought you left me."

"I'm sorry Jen. I'm so so so sorry. I shouldn't have said those things to you and I shouldn't have left last night." I kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I was being annoying. I'm sorry." She sighed. "You weren't being annoying baby. I shouldn't have yelled. I shouldn't have said anything that I said. It wasn't your fault it was mine. I'm sorry."

"I don't like when you yell at me. It makes me scared." She whispered. "I know JJ. I'm so sorry. I never wanted to scare you or hurt you. If I could go back in time and change it I would."

I kissed her hairline. "I love you. I love you so much." I kissed both her cheeks, the tip of her nose, and her chin. She hugged my waist. "I love you too."

"JJ?" I asked her. "Where are all of your clothes? And your stuff?"

She sighed, her head dropping down to my shoulder. "I threw them out the window."

"Why'd you do that?"

She buried her face into my shoulder even more. "I was sad."

"Okay." I rubbed her back. "We can go and get them later."

I kept her close to me, still not wanting to let her go. "What do you want for dinner? I'll order something. Anything you want."

"Chinese food?" She asked me. "Of course." I nodded.

JJ shifted around in my lap a little. "I'm going to go shower." She said. "Alright." I kissed her lips. "I'll order dinner."

JJ got up and headed into our bathroom. I went downstairs and ordered food from the home phone because mine was still charging upstairs.

Around 20 minutes later the food came and JJ was out of the shower. I grabbed the food and brought it over to the couch.

JJ walked down the stairs in shorts and one of my sweatshirts, hugging it to her body.

She sat down next to me, cuddling close to my body. I wrapped my arms around her. She laid her head on my shoulder, breathing onto my neck.

"Why weren't you at work today?" I asked her. "Where'd you go?"

"I went to the doctors." She told me, holding onto the bottom of my shirt. "Why? Is something wrong?" I asked her, worriedly.

"The baby got sad. It made my belly hurt."