12

May 30th, 11:00 pm
After I led out Penelope and Tara I went back to the bedroom. I picked out a long sleeve shirt and some pajama pants.

When I went back into the bathroom JJ was still on the floor. "Everyone's gone." I said, kneeling down in front of her.

"Let's get dressed okay?" I pulled her upright and helped her change into the clothes I brought. I leaned forward and kissed her gently. "You're beautiful."

She wrapped her arms around my neck, burying her face in my shoulder. "Cmon baby." I lifted her up from under her legs and walked over to the living room. I set her down on the couch and grabbed the remote, putting on some random show. She stared at the tv, not really paying attention.

I went over to the kitchen and started to make some oatmeal. I put in blueberries and brown sugar because I now she likes that. I went back into the living room and handed it to her.

She leaned back into me and slowly started eating. I played with her hair because I know that relaxes her. We both watched the tv mindlessly.

Around 20 minutes later she set down the completely empty bowl. "Can we go to sleep now?" She requested.

"Sure." I smiled, taking her hand and leading her back to the bedroom. JJ climbed into bed and I changed into some clothes I had left here a while back.

I laid down next to her, so we were face to face. "I love you Em." She whispered. "I love you too. And I'm so proud of you." I kissed the tip of her nose. "Try and get some sleep."

May 31st, 9:08 am
I woke up to the sound of soft crying. I adjusted my eyes to the lighting, trying to wake up. JJ had her back towards me, her shoulders shaking up and down slightly.

"Hey." I placed my hand on her back which made her flinch. "What's wrong?"

Her crying stilled but she didn't turn around. "Nothing." She sniffed. "JJ. Tell me what happened." I said.

She rolled over to face me, quickly wiping away the tears on her face. "I'm just tired. I'm going back to sleep." She said, laying her head on my shoulder. I decided to just talk to her when she woke up.

She shut her eyes again trying to go back to sleep. Soon she was actually asleep, and I didn't want to wake her.

I couldn't go back to sleep myself, so I just laid there watching her. She looked really peaceful when she slept. Around 10 minutes later she started moving again.

"No!" She screamed. "Get off of me!"

I tried to shake her awake but she pushed me away. "I don't want it! I want to go home!" She cried. "I want to go home!"

"JJ wake up." I stopped her hand from punching me. "Wake up. It's a dream. You're okay." I kept talking until she finally woke up.

Tears started streaming down her face again. I sat up slightly pulling her close to me. "It was a bad dream. You're safe. It's okay." I cooed, brushing tears off her cheeks.

That's when it occurred to me what she might be dreaming about. It sounded a lot like the rehab center.

"What happened in the dream sweetie?" I asked her. She tucked her head down, pulling the blanket around her tighter. "I don't know." She whispered.

"JJ." I looked down at her. "What was it about?"

"I was there." She whispered. "Where?" "The place." JJ said. It wasn't very specific, but I had already figured it out. "The rehab place?"