19

December 25th, 9:30 am
It's Christmas morning today. JJ and I had slept in, because we usually did when we didn't have work. I woke up to JJ leaning on me and twirling a piece of my hair.

"Good morning." I smiled, kissing her. "And merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." She grinned, kissing me again. "Come on, let's get up. I want you to open the present I got you." I said, getting out of bed and throwing on a sweatshirt. "Mmm." She groaned, rolling over. "Coffee."

"I will go make you some, if you get up." I took her hands in mine, and pulled her upright. "You always look so pretty when you wake up." I admired her messy hair and the look of sleep still washed over her face.

"I love you, but you're a liar." She said, rubbing her eyes. "No. You are the prettiest girl in the world."

She laughed, shaking her head as we went downstairs. I kept my promise and started a pot of coffee. "You are an addict. You know that?" I laughed, pouring her a mug. "You act like you're any better than me." She rolled her eyes. "No one's better than you."

"Come on! I want you to open the present I got you." I said, tugging her over to the living room. "Open mine first." She insisted, grabbing it from under the tree. It was relatively big, almost twice the size of a shoe box. "So bossy." I chuckled.

The box was wrapped in sparkly pink wrapping paper, which is very JJ. It had a shiny bow stuck right in the middle.

I carefully took off the wrapping paper and opened the box. It was a maroon red record played. I gasped as I looked at it.

JJ buried her face in her hands. "Oh god you hate it don't you?" She sighed. "I remember you talked about it once and I thought you'd like it."

"No, no JJ I love it!" I exclaimed, running my hand over the top. "I just can't believe you remembered that."

"You really like it?"

"Yes. JJ I love it. Thank you." I pulled her into a tight hug. "You are truly the best girlfriend in the world."

I felt her relax a little which I found funny. I really did love it, I don't know why she doubts herself so much. "Alright now open mine!" I said, grabbing it from under the tree.

I was smaller, and wrapped in silver wrapping paper. I handed it to her and she tore off the wrapping paper.

She opened the box and unintentionally let out a small gasp. She picked up the necklace and ran a finger over the diamond pendant. "Emily wow.." She whispered, her eyes widening.

"Turn around. I'll put it on." I said, taking it from her. She turned around and I lifted her hair, clipping it around her neck. "Beautiful." I smiled at her.

"Thank you Emily. I love it. Thank you." She hugged me tightly, resting her chin on my shoulder. "I'm glad you like it." I grinned, kissing her head.

After that we ended up sitting on the couch together and watching Christmas movies. The grinch to be specific. It's one of my personal favorites.

"Jayje?" I asked, taking a strand of her hair and twirling it. "Yeah?" She said, not looking up from the tv. "How would you feel about moving in with me?"

She chuckled softly. "Haven't we basically done that already?"

It's true, she pretty much lives with me. Almost all of her stuff is already at my house. "I know. I'm talking about moving into a place together. Getting a house."

Finally she looked up at me. "Like a real house?" She asked. "Yes JJ ." I smiled. "A real house. We don't have to if you don't want too. It's just something I was thinking about."