[2]

Jungkook

Jungkook. In all his perfect, glorious flesh, complete with those devastating big-round brown eyes and a pair of slick dark jeans. His platinum blonde hair is styled perfectly in a swooped, long fade, and Seokjin is about to melt into a puddle right there in the middle of the room.

That is, until he remembers who and where he is.

He's no swooning teenager staring at posters on his walls. He's an adult, a practising Dominant, and Jungkook is in his house now.

So he takes a deep breath and snags Jimin under the chin with his finger and tips his head back to give his neck an exaggerated inspection.

“My, my, my. Brazen. Anyone would think you were out looking for a keeper, Jimin”. Seokjin casually hooks his thumb into Jimin's mouth to tilt his head back down. Jimin winks and, as expected, sucks lightly on it.

“You're the only keeper I'd have ever wanted, chéri”, he says. “But alas, you and I, as two ship's passing in the night . But I'm being incredibly rude. I want you to meet a friend of mine, from my skating days. Jungkook. This is his first time at a party, so be extra nice, okay? ” Seokjin has Jeon, his last name is Jeon on a constant loop in his head as Jimin smiles and pulls Jungkook forward a touch. “Jungkook, this is Seokjin and Taehyung. Two of the most adorable and fierce Dom's in the game”.

Seokjin snickers, wipes his damp thumb on his pants, and holds his hand out, never more glad in his life that he never made it past a single appearance at a Grand Prix Series event six years ago is allowed this shred of anonymity. Jungkook looks interested and amused and doesn't hesitate to shake Seokjin's hand.

“Hi! ” he chirps. “Nice to meet you both. Jimin has told me a lot about you. Your demo earlier was fascinating”

Seokjin can feel his face and neck go a touch pink. “Thanks. Namjoon's fun. He likes showing off, too, so that makes things a bit simpler”.

“He's easy, you mean, ” Taehyung says, cutting in. “I'm about to go get a drink, now that we're finished for the night. Do you guys want to come with? ”

Jimin nods. “Yes, please. Jungkook's here for a reason, and it sort of involves you both”.

Taehyung looks at Seokjin and Seokjin just shrugs, bewildered; it's not like he's got some magical insight into Jimin's head. They collect drinks and find some open seats on the balcony. Seokjin settles into a squashy, low-slung chair and breathes in the soft spring air, taking a moment to settle the butterflies that threaten to erupt.

“So, what's going on? Taehyung asks. “I didn't even realise you were in town”.

Jimin takes a long drink, pauses, and then leans forward to rest his elbows on his knees. He looks serious, contemplative, and a bit unsure. “Like I'd miss this party. But really, I need a favor. Well, it's not my favor, but I promised Jungkook I'd talk to you and see. Jungkook is writing a book, a murder mystery where a submissive is killed by his Dom.

Seokjin and Taehyung both recoil. “Oh hell no. No way”, Taehyung says. “It was bad enough after the Clarendon murder; I don't need another book about murderous Doms, for the love of fuck, Christ”.

Jimin sighs and rubs a hand over his face. Seokjin looks at Jungkook, who is biting his lip and still hasn't said anything. “See, I told you they'd react that way”, Jimin says and shrugs at Jungkook. “You'd better explain it”.

“Okay. Well”. Jungkook scoots forward on his chair. “I've known Jimin a long time, and I know he's into this, and I think it's really fascinating. I had an idea a few months back, about a murder that people think is a bdsm relationship gone terribly wrong—you have to admit it makes for a good novel. So I thought I'd write the story of an investigation into the murder, and how the investigator is pulled deeper and deeper into the scene and realizes there's no possible way the murderer was an actual Dom, and finds the murder was a homicidal sociopath, who insinuated himself into the community and was never actually a real Dominant at all”.

Taehyung sits back and looks sceptical. Seokjin's pretty sure he looks the same, but it's not the first time someone hasn't understood. Jungkook looks pretty sincere, so Seokjin decides to humor him for a bit.

“How much of our lifestyle do you really know, though? What you've heard from Jimin, or read on internet? Have you ever been in a scene, or anything like it?”

Jungkook brightens up at Seokjin's question in a way that portends bad things, he's sure of it. “Not even once! So that's what I was hoping to find out! ” he says, enthusiastic and smiling. “I want to learn how to be a submissive. How to get into my victim's head, to understand his motivations, and how a real Dom is supposed to behave. That's why Jimin thought of you two”.

Seokjin nods calmly, considering, while internally screaming about what he's just heard. Jungkook wants to be a submissive. He wants one of them to teach him. He wants to be trained.

Seokjin needs to remember to breathe.

“Nope”, Taehyung says, “I'm out. I don't train subs. I don't have the time or patience for that nonsense”.

Seokjin then knows Taehyung is the very best friend he could ever have, because what just came out of his mouth is a flat-out lie and three of them at this little chat know it.

“Come on, Seokjin. You know it'll be fun”, Jimin says, and his smile is teasing, almost salacious. “I promise he's legit”.

“He doesn't have the inclination, though”, Seokjin says, and it sounds weak even to his own ears.

Jungkook turns pleading eyes on him, deep brown in the spring twilight, and says, “Please? ” in the sweetest voice Seokjin could possibly imagine, and he knows he's done. Imagines it with just a bit more of an edge, a plea for more as Seokjin lovingly ties him up from neck to ankles, red ropes against pale porcelain skin, suspended and ready to be treated in any way Seokjin sees fit .

This is a terrible idea.

“Okay, I'll do it”, he says instead.

Jungkook beams, Taehyung laughs. And Jimin, that asshole, looks much more smug than he has any right to.

Yeah. A really, really terrible idea.

It's going to be great.