[34]

“Kim Seokjin”, Taehyung says, standing in Seokjin's bedroom door with his hands on his hips. “Do you want to explain to me why the same man who was in our playroom last night is still there this morning ?”

“Nope”, Seokjin says and pulls a soft-worn T-shirt and a pair of jeans out of his drawer and drags them on. “I'm already messed up enough about this as it is. Why not just pile another poor decision on top of all the other ones?”

“You are absolutely in love with him, aren't you?”  Taehyung leans against his doorframe, trying to block his way.

"Am I ?" Seokjin sits down heavily on his bed and squeezes his eyes shut.

"I've never seen you touch someone like you touched him. Never heard you talk to someone like you talk to him. It was... intense, I don't know if I can ever be in a scene with you guys again. It was sort of freaking me out a little bit".

Seokjin swallows heavily. “I am, aren't I? Oh God, I am”.

Taehyung comes into the room and sits next to him on the bed. “But you're happy with him”.

“So, so much”.

“Then I'm happy for you. You deserve to be happy, Seokjin. And if what you're doing with Jungkook is making you happy, then I'm glad. Just be careful, okay? Remember to talk to him”.

Seokjin nods. “I am. I swear”.

“Then go get him, tiger”, Taehyung says and pats him on the shoulder.

Seokjin nods and bounds down the stairs to find Jungkook waiting for him, sunshine pouring through the transom window above the door and setting Jungkook's hair alight.

Seokjin feels a clench in his chest when their eyes meet, and he knows now that there's no turning back.

They grin at each other, and Seokjin takes his hand and walks out the door into the bright summer day.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jungkook is happy.

He's walking hand in hand with a gorgeous man in the brilliant summer sun in one of his favorite cities in the world, and they're going to get pancakes.

Jungkook pulls ahead and walks backward in front of Seokjin, all the while holding on to his hand. "Tell me they have strawberries. There's no point otherwise. And whipped cream. And sausage. And-"

Seokjin just laughs and pulls him back to his side. “Yes, they have all of that, I promise. Come on, if we take much longer we'll be sitting on the sidewalk for an hour”.

“Okay, we jog, then!”

“No, Jungkook, come on, it's so early—”

“The early bird gets the strawberries. Seokjin! Come on!”

Yes, definitely happy. Seokjin rolls his eyes and picks up the pace until he's reluctantly running, actually sort of keeping up with Jungkook's fast strides, but Jungkook still has him beat by a few seconds, and when they get to the restaurant, there are only two groups in front of them.

Jungkook cheers and Seokjin leans against the building, starting to sweat but not nearly as winded as Jungkook thought he might be.

He looks delectable, disheveled hair and faded old T-shirt, thin and clinging in the humidity .

Jungkook leans in and brushes his damp bangs away with careful fingers, and Seokjin gifts him with a shy smile.

Jungkook never wants this to end.