[30]

“I had a really great night” , Seokjin says soft smile peeking out from under his tipped-down fringe.

Jungkook reaches out to cup his cheek and lifts his face down enough he can brush a gentle kiss across his lips. Seokjin sighs, and Jungkook pulls him in for a hug. “I did, too. Thank you for giving me the chance”.

Seokjin smiles, glances down at Jungkook's chest, then takes a deep breath and pins Jungkook with a wide-open look, one that's slightly timid, maybe even nervous. “Will I see you Friday?” he asks.

Oh. Now Jungkook understands.

“Seokjin, I told you. Inside and outside the playroom. I want to know you, in every way I can”. Jungkook wonders just how much he should reveal, how much he should confess in his quest to give Seokjin the assurance he needs.

“I've never found anyone so fascinating, Seokjin”, he murmurs again his chest. “I love everything we do together”.

“Me, too”, Seokjin says and tilts his head down for one last, leisurely kiss, one that could so easily lead to another round right there on the step if Jungkook isn't careful.

But they break apart with stupid matching grins, and Jungkook just watches as Seokjin unlocks the front door, waves, and goes inside.

Jungkook waits a beat before doing a ridiculous victory dance on the landing, fist pumping and twirling in circles. He jumps off the step and reaches the cab in three strides to find the cabbie laughing at him.

“Good work, pretty boy”, the cabbie says and gives Jungkook a fist bump through the partition. Jungkook settles in the seat, gives him his address, and replays their night over and over and over.

He thinks he could love Seokjin. He really does. And wouldn't that wreak havoc on his life? He'd have to move, come to New York permanently, and get an apartment and everything. Yes, it would be completely bonkers, but Seokjin could be worth it.

And if realises an hour later as he tries to sink into sleep that he didn't learn Seokjin's last name, it doesn't bother him.

      ───────────────────

Seokjin leans into a spread eagle that takes him sweeping across the ice, the shush of his blades echoing off the boards and bouncing around the quiet of Sky Rink, completely vacant at twenty minutes past closing on Monday night.

There are advantages to being one of the local club choreographers, and having the space to skate through the twisting emotions of the last few days has never been more critical than it is right now.

He takes the momentum of the spread eagle and swirls into a spin, arms above his head, and the cool ozone-scented air whips past his face, a sweet, familiar kiss from his first true love.

God, he misses it some days, the freedom that came with pushing his body to perform, the drive and passion and artistic demand of skating leaving him on an adrenaline high like nothing Seokjin's experienced since.

And oh, how he's tried. Over and over and over again, with different people and different experiences, pushing himself further than even he expected he would into the world Yoongi opened up for him.

The closes he's come to recapturing that high , that crackling, all-consuming energy has been the last month with Jungkook, and he's not sure if that's the sex. Jungkook himself, or everything Jungkook represents. Could be all of that, he thinks.

He skates over to the boards and pulls a mouthful of water from his water bottle and let's his heart rate slow down just a bit as he thinks about Saturday.