~ sette ~

Switzerland, May 2019

"Hey, mum, look who I have bought with me," Pia greeted her mum and let Joanna step him.

"Oh, hello," Gianna said while still being a bit taken aback by the presence of the Austrian and the tall, tanned man next to her. She spoke with her daughter like three hours ago, and she didn't mention that someone would be coming with her. "Sebastian is in the garden with the boys, Joanna," the older Italian said because she was sure Joanna would ask about Seb anyways.

"It's nice to see you, Dan. It's been a long time," Gianna greeted him friendly. She couldn't recall when the last time was, she had seen him. It had to be at least a year. He tended to be there a lot when Pia went through her treatment.

"It's nice to see you too, Gia. You look wonderful," she flattered Gianna before walking to the garden.

"You could've called that you're bringing someone, Pia," her mother said reservedly. She didn't mind that Joanna and Daniel were there. In fact, Gianna was glad to see both of them, but she would have appreciated knowing about the visitors. She could've cooked a better meal, and she would've cleaned the house more.

"I know, but it's Daniel and Joanna - they are almost like a family," Pia said despite her doubts about her relationship with the Austrian. She was sure that Sebastian thought of her as a family. Daniel, on the other hand, was a family for Pia.

"So, you and Daniel?" she asked without finishing the sentence.

"Mum, of course not," Pia exclaimed and left her mother behind, making her way to the garden. The first person she noticed was her dad. He didn't look really enthusiastic about the fact that Daniel was paying them a visit, but Pia knew that somewhere deep down, he was glad to see the Aussie.

"Where are my favourite boys?" the Italian shouted when she saw the boys. They were busy talking with Daniel and Joanna. Well, mostly Theo had a conversation with them since Nicky spoke rarely. Gianna and Seb were worried about that, but Pia could relate to him. Sometimes being quiet was better.

As the boys heard the voice of their older sister, they left the conversation behind and ran toward their sister. They jumped at her from all that excitement. She tried to do her best, but she eventually lost her balance, making all three Vettel siblings laugh. Those moments were the ones that helped her the most while she was fighting with her demons. Just rolling on the ground with her two beloved brothers while laughing out loud - it was one of the reasons why she kept going.

"I heard that you're behaving well, and do you know what good boys get?" she asked them as she got up. "Presents, of course!" she shouted as she made her way inside to get presents for the boys.

"Kneel," Pia ordered, and the boys obeyed her. "You, my dear, are now Sir Theo, the knight of Dragon hearts and autumn leaves. Please accept this sword as a gift," Pia knighted the first one of the boys before giving him a wooden sword she had bought them.

"And you, my little one, are, from now on, Sir Nicolas, the knight of deepest western oceans and winter breeze. I request you accept his sword as a gift, Sir," she ended the ceremony by giving her other brother the second sword.

"What?" Pia asked when she noticed the disapproving expression on Seb's face. He looked at boys fighting with wooden swords.

"What happened to no present policy?" he demanded to know. They had a rule that they wouldn't give the boys presents unless it was their birthday or Christmas, or something like that.

"They haven't seen me for a long time. I just wanted to make them happy," Pia said. "Furthermore, you didn't really keep this no present policy when you had a thing with my mum behind my back," the Italian called him out. It was true. Sebastian didn't really care about that when he was screwing Gianna. He would bring Pia anything just to shift her attention to something else. So, in her opinion, it was only fair that she spoiled them. Sebastian just shook his head as a sign of resignation.