~ trentacinque ~

🌸 note 🌸

Hello everyone!

222k reads, wow! Thank you so much. Here's a little something that might cheer you up. This chapter brought me so much peace and calm and I hope you will feel the same. Let me know.

Loads of love and happiness, Anna <3

• 🌸 •

Italy, August 2019

There was something about that house in Genoa. Charles had spent there many nights and always felt at home there. He couldn't really pinpoint why this house felt like it, but there was a part of him that didn't even want to know the secret.

It was a hot summer day in Genoa. It was Italy just like he remembered it from his childhood. The weather was sultry, so he knew there would be a summer storm in the evening. The sun beating down on him, the breeze whistling in his hair and the sound of birds overhead.

He loved Italy. He might be from Monaco, yet a piece of his heart always belonged to Italy. Maybe it was because of the weather, or the childhood memories or because of the Italian he fell in love with so many years ago. Charles shared this weakness for Italians with Jules. He didn't know much about his dating life but knew he used to date at least two Italians. He always said how Italians are passionate, gentle, good-humoured and beautiful.

He looked at the Italian who stole his heart. She was lying on a couchette, wearing just her bikini and those iconic cat eye Prada sunglasses that she got from Sebastian years ago. She treasured them like her own child.

She changed, yet she didn't. She was still that petite, outgoing, loud, passionate girl he knew. She was just too perfect with her light brown wavy hair framing her cute face. Her skin was tanned by the Italian sun making her freckles show, and her kissable pink lips carried a smile.

A smile that was a bit broken, but Charles knew time could heal that. He knew time could also heal those jutting-out ribs and collarbones. It just needed time and love - loads of love.

A breeze played with Charles' hair, but he didn't even bother to fix it with his hand. He didn't want to break that harmony. Everything seemed so right at that moment. Things he wasn't sure about suddenly seemed clear. Life made sense in that brief moment, and he couldn't help but wonder what would happen if he hadn't left to race. What would happen if he just stayed here with Pia for the rest of his life?

Just her and him, and nothing else. There was a part of him which wanted this life. He hadn't felt that calm in a long time. The Monegasque loved racing more than anything, but he also fell in love with this moment, with that idea of his life like this – quiet, tranquil, easygoing.

The Ferrari driver was more than aware that Pia was still mad at him, but he knew he could fix it. Even after hurting her so much, he could still see that she had a weak spot for him - for his love.

Charles was the first person to love her whole. He was the first one to accept her with every single flaw. He was the first one to be there for her every time she needed it. He showed her how happy, colourful, and gratifying life could be and Pia could never forget that.

He realised it fully two days ago when he arrived in Genoa. They talked about her eating problems and also her self-harming. She broke down after talking about it all. She broke down in Charles' arms. She still found his embrace soothing, comforting and safe. His arms were still her home.

They both knew talking was the biggest and the simplest thing to help. It was the first box to tick to begin the journey of healing. They both knew it wouldn't be easy, but Charles promised Pia that he would be by her side throughout it all. Of course, just talking wouldn't solve it all, but it was really important to know that Pia wanted to talk about it, fix it, and heal it. If she wasn't willing to fix it, it would be pointless.