~ trentadue ~

🌸 note 🌸

Happy Christmas 🎄 I wish you peace, joy, and unconditional love at Christmas and always.

Loads of love, Anna <3

• 🌸 •

Switzerland, August 2019

"Pia," her mother called her name as she waited for her at the airport. The Italian was looking into her phone as usual. So, of course, she overlooked her mother.

"Mum," Pia exclaimed as a little girl when she saw her mother, and she hugged her tightly. She didn't see Gianna as often as she wished. They called from time to time, but it was nothing like seeing her in person.

"You lost some weight again," her mother said worriedly in Italian. She felt that her daughter was disappearing in front of her eyes.

"That's because you're so much better at cooking," Pia complimented Gianna on her cooking skills with a smile, but Gianna didn't believe this was the reason behind losing so much weight.

"So, tell me. Do you want to tell me what happened?" The older Italian asked her. It was seven in the morning when her daughter called her to pick her up in about two hours at the airport in Zurich.

"I just argued with Max," Pia admitted. She was okay with that fact now, but she spent her last night crying because of it. Pia never meant to argue with Max like that. "Badly," she added. For Pia, it felt almost strange to speak with someone Italian again. These days, she didn't have anyone to talk to in Italian.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm sure it'll be okay soon. You have been friends with Max literally forever. Perhaps, you just needed to lay all cards on the table, and now you can both move on. Give it time," Gianna tried to comfort her daughter. Arguing with Max was new to her. Pia always came to her after she and Charles had a fight, but she couldn't remember a single moment when Pia would argue with Max. They always got along great.

"Well, I don't know. We both said pretty nasty stuff," the Italian admitted as they walked out of the airport.

"I'm sure Max knows you didn't mean it as much as you know that he didn't mean his words either," Gianna reassured her daughter before getting into the car. "Are you okay, P? You look really tired," her mother asked Pia as they sat in the car. It was more private now.

"Yeah, I just didn't sleep last night. I kept thinking about the fight," Pia answered. She wasn't lying, but she wasn't telling the whole truth either.

"I'm sure it will be all right," Gianna let out as she drove from the car park. "Connect your phone to the radio and blast some songs. It's more than an hour-long drive," the older Italian said to her daughter when there was silence in the car for way too long.

The ride reminded Pia of that time when they went together to Monaco to visit Leclercs. Her mother looked still as stunning as she looked all those years ago. Her hair was still long curly, and dark brown, and she still had that delightful smile. They were just two Sabatini girls who didn't need anyone else.

---

"Oh, look at it, boys. My long-lost daughter finally found a way back home," Sebastian joked before hugging Pia tightly. He was so glad she was home.

"She got skinnier again," Pia could hear how her mother whispered that into Sebastian's ear as she hugged him too. Pia just looked at the floor.

"Hi, boys," she greeted and hugged her two little brothers because she didn't want to make it even more awkward.