~ trentotto ~

🌸 note 🌸

Hi everyone!

I hope you will enjoy today's chapter. But I have a question to ask. One of my beloved readers asked me if I had considered writing a book about Daniel and Jules. To be honest, I've thought about it, but I'm not sure if you are interested. Let me know. :)

Loads of love and happiness, Anna <3

• 🌸 •

September 2019

Charles's victory on the track was bittersweet. As he made his way back to his motorhome, he couldn't shake the conflicting emotions that were swirling inside him. The memory of Anthoine's fatal crash and the realisation of his own mortality weighed heavily on his mind.

Once inside the motorhome, the Ferrari slumped onto the couch, feeling overwhelmed. Pia sat down beside him, her hand reaching out to gently touch his back.

"Char," she said softly, "I know this victory means a lot to you, but I can see that you're struggling. It's okay to feel scared and vulnerable."

The Monegasque nodded, tears welling up in his eyes. "I just can't help but think about Anthoine and Jules. They were both taken from us so suddenly."

Pia's comforting presence gave Charles the permission he needed to let his emotions flow. He buried his face in his hands, and tears streamed down his cheeks. The Italian wrapped her arms around him, holding him close as he cried.

"It's not fair," he choked out between sobs. "They were both so young, and they had so much talent. It's just not fair."

Pia didn't try to offer empty platitudes or fix Charles's pain. She simply held him, letting him release the grief and fear that had been building up inside him. She knew that sometimes, the best way to heal was to fully allow oneself to feel the pain.

After what felt like an eternity, Charles's tears subsided, and he sat up, his face red and puffy. His fiancée handed him a tissue, and he wiped his eyes, taking a deep, shuddering breath.

"I'm scared, Pia," the Ferrari driver admitted, his voice raw with emotion. "I'm scared of losing you, of losing my loved ones, and of losing my own life."

Pia reached out and took her fiancé's hand, squeezing it gently. "I understand, mon amour. It's natural to feel scared, especially after what happened to Anthoine and Jules. But remember, you're not alone. You're also incredibly brave. You face those risks with courage and determination. And you have a whole team working tirelessly to keep you safe. You're not alone in this."

Charles took a deep breath, feeling a sense of calm wash over him. Pia was right. He had a team of professionals who prioritised safety in every aspect of racing. He had people who cared about him and would support him through the ups and downs of his career. And most importantly, he had Pia, his rock, his confidante, and his source of unconditional love.

"I don't want to let the fear control me, but it's hard not to think about the risks every time I get into the car."

His fiancée gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay to acknowledge the risks, Char. It shows that you're aware and responsible. But don't let it consume you. Remember why you love racing and why you're so good at it. You've got an incredible talent, and I believe in you."

He looked into Pia's eyes, finding comfort in her presence. He realised that he didn't have to carry the weight of his fears and grief alone, that he had people who cared about him and would support him no matter what.

He also knew that he couldn't let fear hold him back from doing what he loved, but he also needed to take care of himself and make safety a priority.

"Thank you, P," Charles said softly. "I needed to hear that."