~ sedici ~

🌸 note 🌸

Hey! How are you doing? I'm sad. The pain in Charles' scream on the radio just broke my heart. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, so here I am updating to cheer you up. Well, hopefully, it will cheer you up.

Huge respect to Charles for admitting it was his fault. However, it's painful and heartbreaking to see how hard he's on himself. But let's end this note on a positive note :D There are still ten more races to go, therefore there are many opportunities. Let's just keep our heads up and see how it will play out.

Loads of love, Anna <3

•   🌸   •

Great Britain, June 2019

It was Thursday morning, and Pia was staring out the window. She was sitting in Omotesando Koffee on Newman Street. Sipping her builder's tea, she realised that London streets were busier than usual. People were rushing even though it was raining. She could see the sea of brollies, but she could also see people getting wet. Raindrops were falling into their hair, causing them to move even quicker. It reminded her of Tuesday. Pia and Lando made a little trip to London. It started raining on their way from Hyde Park, but they didn't mind. Pia just took Lando's hand and smiled at him. She wanted to dance in the middle of Hornton Street. She believed the Briton would think she was a fool, but he just whispered in her ear: what are you waiting for? Let's dance. So, they danced in the rain while a few people passed them, thinking there was something wrong with them.

Looking down at her cup of tea, she realised how much she enjoyed her time with Lando. She was sad that he already had to leave for the Austrian Grand Prix. Lando asked her to go with him, but she wasn't ready to face Sebastian. Not yet. So she stayed over at his house. Getting to London from Woking was more complicated when Lando wasn't around because Pia didn't have a driving licence. She had to take a train, but she didn't mind it. At least she had time to think about things. The McLaren driver told her a million times that she should call an Uber, but it wasn't really Pia's thing.

"Pia Teunissen? Is that you?" A feminine voice talking in French approached Pia's ears. It had to be someone from her past since they didn't know her last name wasn't Teunissen anymore. At first, she wanted to correct her, but then she let it be.

"Camille? Oh, my God. What are you doing in here?" The Italian asked surprisedly. She wasn't expecting to meet someone from her old classmates from Monaco.

"I could ask you the same," Camille said as she sat next to Pia. She still looked pretty much the same with her long blond hair, framing her face like years ago. Her big blue eyes were scanning Pia's face. The Italian looked at her outfit, and she needed to say that she looked breathtaking. Camille always belonged to those pretty girls.

"I'm here with my boyfriend," Pia explained while shrugging her shoulders. It was funny because Lando was a thousand kilometres away and Pia was here, living in his house.

"With Charles?" the Frenchwoman asked. Maybe Pia wasn't the only one who thought it would last forever.

"Oh no. We broke up years ago. I figured I wasn't the right one for him," the Italian admitted openly. There was no point in hiding anything. Camille saw her at her worse. She belonged in between the group of people who brought Pia down. Camille didn't have the best past either. They were both really troublesome girls.

"Why would you say that?" Another question left her lips before sipping from her Americano.

"I was a mess... I'm still a mess. My father, my problems and the way I was dealing with them," Pia had to laugh at her own account. "He deserved someone so much better."