~ trentasette ~

🌸 note 🌸

Hi everyone!

I'm just dropping this chapter here. 🤭 Can't wait to see your reactions.

Loads of love and happiness, Anna <3

• 🌸 •

Monaco, August 2019

Looking around your apartment, Charlotte had to inhale sharply to control her emotions. She cried a lot those few last days. She didn't want to cry again.

She was looking around at all those pictures in their living room. There were pictures of them together. The photo of both of them taken in France last year was on the TV stand. In another photo, they had wide smiles playing on their faces. It was taken in the Maldives during the day on a beach. There were pictures with his family, but then she noticed that photo. It was a picture of young Arthur and Charles with some girl. She didn't recognise it before, but now she could see it was Pia.

She asked about this photo once. Charlotte wanted to know who the girl was. Charles said he didn't even remember her name and that she was just a family friend. The Monegasque believed him. Nowadays, she knew he probably put this photo in their living room just because of Pia. He wanted to have a picture with her somewhere on display.

As she looked at the picture, she couldn't believe she trusted Charles when he said the girl was just a family friend. The Monegasque could see the sparkles of happiness dancing in their eyes. Of course, they weren't just family friends.

Suddenly, she heard keys in the lock, meaning someone was about to come in. Then she was looking into his eyes again.

"Sorry, I thought you would be away longer," she said. Was she really apologising for being in their apartment?

"I thought we should talk," he was looking at the floor as he said it. The Ferrari driver didn't want to have this talk, but it was inevitable.

"Don't you think it's a bit too late to talk? To fix things?" Charlotte wanted to yell. She wanted to be upset and angry, but she was just disappointed. That was the emotion she was feeling.

"I'm not here to fix things," he announced the hard reality that hit Charlotte. She still hoped he would come and tell her he loved only her. She was foolish, and she knew it.

"I'm here to talk to you about the near future," he said, and then there was silence for some more. Charlotte couldn't bring herself to talk.

Charles gathered his courage and looked Charlotte in her eyes. "I understand that this bullshit won't make it any easier for you, but you're one of the best girls I know. You're smart, talented, and pretty, but I don't love you. Pia gave me another chance a few months ago, and I chose you over her. I believed I was doing the right thing, but as days passed, I realised. I realised I should've picked Pia because my feelings for her are stronger," the Monegasque admitted openly. He didn't want to lie any longer. He started noticing all those little things that always pissed him off about Charlotte. He realised how clueless she was when it came to him. She didn't know what to do or say when he was feeling down. But to be fair, he didn't know how to cheer her up either. He knew he couldn't have long conversations with her because he didn't know what to talk about. Their hobbies and interests were just so different. Lately, he felt that they only understood each other in bed.

"You know, maybe we won't even get together, and I'll end up with a broken heart too. It would be fair because I was stupid and rejected Pia before, but I'm willing to risk it," Charles confessed. He was willing to risk it because he realised you must risk for the good things in your life. He realised he would never be happy if he played it safe. Furthermore, it looked like they were on the right path with Pia.