~ venticinque ~

🌸 note 🌸

Hello, I can't say anything other than I'm very sorry.

Loads of love, Anna <3

•   🌸   •

Germany, July 2019

It was Friday afternoon when Pia arrived in Germany. She missed both practices, but she just needed some time for herself, and she didn't want to face Lando sooner than it was required. She also fixed things with Sebastian. They both apologised to each other for overreacting. Somehow everything seemed to get better. Her life was returning to the right track.

The Italian was happy when she saw the young Ferrari driver in the hotel lobby. "Hey," she greeted him and leaned to kiss him. To her surprise, Charles pushed her away before she could even get close to him. She wanted to say something like: 'what the fuck', but then she noticed Charlotte. She was entering the hotel lobby from the lift.

"You still haven't told her, right?" Pia asked Charles. Charlotte was heading to them with a smile on her face. She looked so happy. Pia just fake smiled. Oh Lord, she wanted to cry so badly. She tried to swallow her disappointment.

"Pia, let me-," he started, but he stopped when he noticed Charlotte was way too close to them. He just couldn't do that.

"What haven't you told me, mon amour?" Charlotte smoothly joined the conversation. Pia could tell how madly in love she was with Charles by looking into her eyes. Of course, he didn't tell her. He was saying how easy it would be to break her heart, yet he couldn't do it.

"That Pia would like to go shopping with you," Charles blurted out the first bullshit that came to his mind. He immediately realised how much Pia would hate him for this, but he couldn't think of anything else.

"Oh, yeah, I was just a bit afraid to ask you myself. I don't really know that many girls here, and you look really kind," The Italian helped Charles out. By this, Charles made her swallow her pride. If he wanted it this way, he should have it.

It was true that Pia didn't know many girls in the paddock, but she didn't really need to go shopping with her lover's girlfriend. Pia was terrified of the idea of her and Charlotte alone in the shopping mall picking some summer dresses. What would they talk about? Would it be about Charles?

"Of course. We can go tomorrow morning. Would you be okay with that?" The Monegasque smiled at her. How could Pia ever compete with her?

'No, Charlotte, I wouldn't be okay with that,' the voice in Pia's head said. She didn't really want to go. All she wanted to do was cry in her hotel room and curse Charles to hell. Perhaps even break a vase or something like that.

"Of course, thank you," Pia felt like her pride left the room, and she doubted she would find it anytime soon. "Will you excuse me, please?" the Italian said before leaving for the bathroom. She couldn't hold tears back any longer. This situation was too painful not to cry.

The Italian just closed the door behind herself and slid down the wall. Her head was in her hands and shaking on the bathroom floor. Warm tears were streaming down her skin. Her lips were trembling, and her hair was messy.

Pia started to quickly wipe tears away because she could hear that someone else was there too. She just wanted to run away, but then she saw that pissed-off face of the Austrian, but when she saw Pia, her face softened.

Joanna's arm was in a cast thanks to a shunt with Max in Austria. Pia felt sorry for her, but she knew she had to quit soon with driving anyway because of her pregnancy. So, if God wanted to break her arm, he picked the right time.