The day they met

[REWRITE]
Bee's POV:
I picked up my bag and walked out the door of my house, taking in a deep breath of air. Today is my first day of my senior year in high school. I actually managed to get up at a reasonable time, so I didn't have to rush to get to school.

I had been kicked out of my parents house a year ago when I came out to them as Pansexual. It had been rough at first, but my friend's parents let me stay with them till I could afford a house. I picked up a job at an expensive restaurant as a waitress, and was eventually able to afford a small house relatively close to my school.

I had picked out a soft yellow sweater that buttoned in the front and light brown pants to match my shirt. First impressions don't matter to me, but I just really like this outfit. My chestnut hair was really short and curly, naturally so.

I walked down the road to get to my best friend, Marie's house.

"Morning! I actually woke up on time today!" I said, seeing Marie waiting outside of her house.

Marie wore a colorfully striped shirt with a pair of acid washed [JORTS], her shoulder length blonde hair was straight as per usual.

"That's a shocker, yet I've still been waiting 10 minutes for you," Marie said, turning on her heel in the direction of the school.

"I never said I got ready quickly, just that I woke up on time!" I claimed, following her to school.

We kept the conversation going for a little longer till we made it to the school, then we had to separate ways. My first class of the day was- English. Great.

I stepped inside the classroom as the first bell rang, signaling that we all needed to be in the classroom by now.

Most of the seats were already taken, or next to people I did NOT want to sit by. Seeing a seat in the back, I decided I didn't have many other options. A guy was next to me, I didn't care enough to learn his name, he was talking to the girl in front of me.

The only person around me that wasn't talking was the girl to my right, she was looking out the window. She had long, wavy hair that came down to her waist, It was light yellow at the tip. She wore a white button up shirt and black dress pants, with black heels to match. Her nails, from where I was, looked to be long and black, seeming naturally so, rounded at the end.

I wasn't sure what hybrid type she was, but she had a long, wire-like tail with a yellow flower sitting at the end. I wasn't able to see her face due to her looking out the window, so I didn't get any hints from there.

While I was closely studying her, the teacher had came in and started the lesson. The girl turned her head to look at the front of the room so I panicked and quickly turned my head too, to make it seem like I wasn't staring at her.

She didn't seem familiar to me at all, she must have just moved here. She couldn't be a freshman, far too tall. Plus, I knew all of the eight graders. I'm quite popular with the youth!

I listened to the teacher speak enthusiastically about what she would expect from all of us during the year, her name was Ms. Minnich.

She didn't seem like so bad of a teacher. She was happy to be doing her job, which was ironic since she teaches high schoolers.

She talked for the rest of the class and I ended up dozing off. I guess getting up early took a toll on me.

"Hello? Are you awake?" The girl next to me asked.

She was crouched down next to my desk, trying to wake me up.

"Uh, yea, thanks," I said, getting up slowly.

"Sorry, I- I saw you asleep and- sorry," she said, maintaining a closed up form and standing up.

She was tall, like really tall. A solid foot taller than myself, I'm only 5,4.

"Thanks! Really," I said, walking off to my next class.

Lunchtime! Yay!

Me and Marie were walking down the hall to the cafeteria, talking about our classes so far.

"I fell asleep first period! The girl next to me had to wake me up!" I told her, grabbing a tray of food.

"Really? What was her name?" Marie asked.

"I never got it! She's new, I think. I plan to get her name tomorrow!" I explained to her, walking over to a small, three seated table.

"Well tell me about her!" She said, sitting down across from me.

"She had- hold on, that's her over there!" I said pointing to someone standing in the middle of a few popular girls.

"She looks uncomfortable, let's call her over!" Marie said, waving her hand in the air.

"Hey! Come sit with us! We have an extra seat!" I yelled, catching her attention.

She quickly excused herself from the group and walked over to us, I noticed she wore black lipstick and had flowers covering her eyes, don't know how I missed that before!

"Hello, thank you for saving me from, THEM," she said, obviously relieved to be away from the popular girls.

"Yea, it's fine. Take this as my thanks for waking me up in English?" I said, smiling dumbly.

"What's your name? My name is Marie, I'm her friend!" Marie told her, gesturing to me.

"Uhm, Flower! So, you must be Bee then?" Flower asked, looking at me with a soft gaze.

"Y-yea!" I said, stuttering like an idiot.

Marie gave me a questioning glance, but I just kept looking at Flower.

We talked for a bit longer till the bell rang for our free period. I asked Flower if she would like to spend her free time with us, but she told us she had volunteered to read to the kindergarten classrooms, but we were free to join and watch, though the stories probably wouldn't be too interesting.

I watched as she walked off, taking in how she walks in heels as if they were flatfoots. I could never, with my balance.

"Hellooooo?" Marie said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh?!" I said, jumping into an upright posture.

"I asked if you wanted to go get some clothes with me, I found this really nice store that sells the cutest clothes! And good prices too," she added.

"Well when did you become a salesperson? I'm in," I said, following her out of the school doors.

Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay you made it
1138 words