What.

[REWRITE]
Flower's POV:
Ok... I'll be honest with you readers. I'm not exactly supposed to be here, but I am. Just don't tell anyone, ok?

I woke up early that day despite being off, I usually get up at 5 on days I have off but today I got up at 4 so I can do mental training for my day. Today, I have to go meet my parents again.

In our society, we are quite sophisticated and advanced! But we still are being ruled by a monarch family that's lived for generations! Our current monarchy is a suppressed, homophobic, transphobic, P. O. S. Oh and they're my family.

I am formally addressed as Flower Enderian, beloved princess of all. I think it's false and people shouldn't like me just because I am the princess. I was honestly shocked that no one had found out yet, I hadn't changed much except for not wearing dresses and changing my last name loosely. Instead of Enderian, it's Ellino. Creative, I know.

Today my parents are hosting a ball that I am being forced to attend. I tried talking my way out of it, claiming I was too busy with my studies in another kingdom to come. But they saw past my lies and forced me to go. I had already paid for a limbo to drive me there, I just need to get out unnoticed. Not too hard for a skilled liar like myself.

I got dressed into a simple light purple dress, making sure it covers my arms and legs. I fixed my curly hair and snuck out, quickly getting into the car. Perhaps not everything would be horrible this time. After all, it's been a while since I saw my friend Arrow!

Me and Arrow are both princesses from neighboring kingdoms, but we live separate lives mostly. So I don't get the chance to talk to them all that much. Their family, unlike mine, is supportive so I was thinking I could tell them what I've been doing and seeing if she could either stay with me or join the high school I'm in. It would be nice to have an old friend around.

I pulled up to the castle and thanked the driver, getting out and walking into the ballroom to find my mother sitting next to my displeased father. He never liked these balls, I don't know why mother kept hosting them.

I walk to their throne, bowing before speaking, "Mother, Father. I have arrived."

"Oh Flower! Good you're here! Arrow is in the garden right now," Father said, gesturing to outside.

"Thank you, Father."

I walked outside quickly, looking around briefly to find Arrow sitting near the lake.

"Hello, Arrow!" I said cheerily, smiling happily at them.

"I know that face, what did you do?"

"I- Nothing! Well... Maybe a little something?"

"Spill it."

"Ok! I have been in the town right? Well I met this girl that I really like and I was wondering if you could join me in high school there?" I said, twiddling my fingers as I looked at them questioningly.

"I- sigh I'll see if I can."

"Great! You're the best!"

"Everyone! I have an announcement! In nine months we will be hosting a ball for everyone to attend! Even peasants!" My mother yelled out, standing in front of her throne.

"Wait, what?" I was confused, what was this for? She didn't explain otherwise so I was left wondering.

After the ball, I was driven back to my house and quickly walked back in. I turned on the lights to my living room and Bee was sitting on the couch, looking confused.

"Flower? What is this?" Bee asked, gesturing to my outfit.

"Uhm, cosplay?" I asked, obviously not convincing her at all.

"I'm not byin' that shit. Explain."

"Language." I said, earning a glare from Bee. "Ok fine, I'll explain..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay you made it
648 words