Wanna go get ice cream?

[REWRITE]
Flower's POV:
Bee looked quite disappointed when I told her I couldn't come, but I didn't want to make the children upset and not show up.

When I got to the kindergarten classrooms, their teachers had everyone go into one class and gave me a microphone so that everyone could hear me. All the children sat around me on the ground while I read them a book the teachers had picked out.

When I was done, the teachers thanked me for occupying them while they worked in quiet. I walked back to the high school and got there just in time for our next period.

After school, I walked back to my house and worked on my schoolwork for a while till I decided it was close for my shift to start at the small coffee shop where I worked.

I walked down the block to get to the shop part of town and made my way to 'Latte!', my work.

After I walked in the front door, I walked to the back so I could put on the signature red apron we had to wear. Walking back out, I saw the person that had been there had already left.

I stood there and took some peoples orders and got them their coffee. It had been relatively packed after the first hour I'd worked. I saw a few familiar faces but mostly everyone was new to me.

I had gotten this job three weeks ago, when I first came here from my- well, old home. The owners were looking for more people to work since they were getting older and couldn't always keep up with it all, and I was looking for a small job that wouldn't make me too noticed.

"Hello, welcome to Latte! What can I get for you?" I asked the person in front of me.

"Can I get and iced vanilla latte?" They asked, getting their wallet out to pay.

"Of course, is that all?"

"Yes," they told me.

"That'll be $4.25 please," I said, putting it in the register.

"Here, keep the change!" They said, giving me a five.

I put it in the cash register and turned around to start making the latte, hearing the door open behind me.

"Just a moment please!" I said, hurrying the latte process.

"Flower? I didn't know you worked here!" I heard a familiar voice say from behind the counter.

I stopped what I was doing and looked up, seeing Bee standing there in all her glory.

"Oh, hello!" I said, awkwardly laughing.

"I was walking by and thought I would try a different coffee shop, but here you are!" Bee said as I turned around and started making the coffee again out of sheer embarrassment.

"Haha, yeah, want would you like to buy?" I asked, popping the lid on the cup and handing it to the customers.

"Not sure, what do you recommend?" She asked.

"Uh- Well, we are experimenting with honey flavored lattes! Would you like to try one of those?" I asked, remembering that she mentioned enjoying honey.

"Oh, yes!" Bee said, her small wings fluttering behind her.

"Right away then!" I said, cringing at myself.

She didn't say anything while I was making the coffee, but I felt her eyes on me the entire time. It was kind of weird but I'm not complaining. For some reason I don't feel uncomfortable when she stares at me.

"Here, for you," I said, giving her the cup.

I couldn't help but blush a little when our hands brushed each others.

"Hey, when does your shift end?" Bee asked, taking a drink of the latte.

"In about an hour, why?" I asked.

"This is really good, and because I want to go get ice cream with you!" She said, smiling happily.

"Uh, well you can stay here till my shift ends, if you want."

"Sure!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay you made it
649 words