Chapter 11 - Wen Ning

Wei Ying was eventually feeling well enough to start traveling again. He want to walk this time though, so he just stood on one side of Little Apple, while Lan Zhan was on the other side. As they were walking they had approached a corn field. Wei Ying could feel another presence in the area. He could sense resentment but it wasn't dangerous.

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying said stopping in his tracks.

"Hm?" He said stopping and looked at Wei Ying.

"There is a puppet here," Wei Ying said, "but it doesn't seem viscous. I can tell by the resentment I can sense in the area."

Lan Zhan looked around as he stood there, he then spotted a figure in black clothes hidden behind some of the stalks of corn, "There," Lan Zhan pointed out.

"I think it's Wen Ning," Wei Ying said, "I can sense he is nearby...I thought I told him to lay low."

"He has been following us since we were in Lanling," Lan Zhan pointed out, "I don't mind really, he doesn't really know where to hide."

"Should we just let him come with us?" Wei Ying asked, "he could be of help, with his speed, strength, and fighting abilities."

"Sure," Lan Zhan said rolling his eyes.

Wei Ying giggled, "What was that look? You know my heart only lies with you. Wen Ning is my sworn brother, and I am all he has left that he would consider family," he explained, "are you jealous?"

"Ridiculous," he scoffed.

Wei Ying put his arms around him, resting his hands on Lan Zhan's back and stood chest to chest with him, "how ridiculous?" Wei Ying flirted.

"Wei Ying, focus," Lan Zhan told him, "we need to get moving."

"But I am so comfortable right now," Wuxian said pulling his pouting face.

((Have a cute pouting Wei Ying to gush over...I mean look at that face...😊))

Lan Zhan was trying everything within his ability not to look at his face. Anytime Wei Ying makes that face, he can resist but melt in the palm of his hands. He loves it but he hates it at the same time. Lan Zhan has had a hard time saying no to this man for a long time now. Especially now that they are courting each other. It is impossible not to melt into this man holding onto him, but he couldn't hold off and gave in. He looked at Wei Ying and sighed.

"Must you look at me like that?" Lan Zhan asked.

Wei Ying changed his face to a smile, "how about this look?" He asked.

Lan Zhan just stared into eyes. This man can look at him with any look on his face and he was just swoon over him. Lan Zhan does not know how this man does it. How could Wei Ying just make him melt like that?

Lan Zhan lifted his hand and placed a finger under Wei Ying's chin, "you have a way to look cute in any face you make," Lan Zhan claimed and planted a soft and gentle kiss on Wei Ying's lips, "my Wei Ying."

Wei Ying giggled hugging Lan Zhan tightly for a few seconds and pulled away, "so is it okay?" Wei Ying asked.

"I said it was fine," Lan Zhan told him planting one last kiss on his cheek before he started to move forward again.

Wei Ying jogged to keep up with Lan Zhan. Once he was beside him, he took his hand and intertwined his fingers with Lan Zhan's.

"Wen Ning!" Wei Ying called out, "come out, we know you are nearby."

Wen Ning jumped out of the corn field and landed in front of the two lovers, "Lan er Gongzi, Wei Gongzi," Wen Ning greeted.

"What are you doing? What is on your face?" Wei Ying asked.

"You said to hide," Wen Ning answered, "so I did....not in a very good way but I still tried."

Wei Ying laughed and saw Wen Ning's hands. He picked one up, "is this blood?" Wei Ying asked.

"They are from puppets I cleared out for you," Wen Ning answered, "it's not mine or human, I swear."

"I trust you," Wei Ying said, "I did create you, remember?"

Wen Ning nodded, "I do," he said pulling a subtle smile on his face, "by the way, I don't mean to pry, but I saw you two over there kissing just now. How long?"

Lan Zhan's ears started to turn a bright red, but Wei Ying was not phased, "it's only been a few weeks that we have been officially courting each other. If you can, try to keep it low key. We will say more about it when everything settles down...especially to his Shufu...I have no idea how he will handle it...possible Qi deviation maybe?" He said.

"Shufu will definitely need to be in as good if health as possible, as he may need some time for that," Lan Zhan said, "he doesn't know your story yet, I do, as does my brother and Wen Ning."

"He knows?" Wen Ning asked, "What about Jiang Gongzi?"

"I will deal with that when I feel ready. I don't want him to know just yet, especially now with everything going on. Maybe in an emergency you both can tell him but I am not going to yet...now we should get going. We heard there is some things happening at the burial mounds," Wei Ying explained.

Wen Ning nodded and followed behind the two, Wen Ning found a place for them to have Apple for the time being before heading on their way to the mounds. Wei Ying was still anxious and wasn't sure if he was ready to go there but he had to. He does need to see the aftermath after the first siege of the mounds, he has to see it one more time to make peace with himself.