Chapter 29 - You Are Not Alone

After a couple days of rest, Wei Ying had another cleansing session along with his two flutes. The flutes are cleansing faster then Wei Ying is but that is to be expected. Objects are easier to cleanse them a person. Wei Ying has had this resentment for a while, in his old body and now this one. His soul is covered with it. Something that helps is the Cold Spring. So, while Lan Zhan played Cleansing, Wei Ying was meditating in the cold spring. For Wei Ying to sit still long enough to meditate was a whole different situation. He always had a hard time focusing when it came to meditating. It wasn't even a third of the way through Cleansing when Wei Ying groaned of boredom.

"I hate this!" Wei Ying growled opening his eyes and folding his arms to his chest, "I can't shut my brain off for five minutes, let alone half an hour. How do you do it?"

Wei Ying was getting so frustrated with himself that the resentment and the cold spring were clashing. Because they were clashing, it was causing Wei Ying to feel as if his body was burning. He stood up and got out of the spring falling to the ground writhing in pain.

"Wei Ying, focus," Lan Zhan said loudly.

"I can't," he whinced.

Lan Zhan sighed and helped put a robe over him carefully dry off hoping that it would help. It did a little bit, but not a lot. Wei Ying dressed as his body trembled in pain. He hasn't been in this much pain in such a long time. After his robes were on he fell to the ground again, having Lan Zhan catching him on the way down.

"The last time I was in this much pain, was when I transferred my core," he growled.

Lan Zhan didn't know what to do. Since his passage ways were closed he couldn't send energy to help him. Luckily his brother came by just in time.

"Xiongzhang!" He called him over as he saw him walking by the entrance to the cold springs.

"Wangji," Xichen said going over to them and saw Wei Ying shaking in his arms, "what happened?"

"I don't know what to do, he is in pain. The two energies are clashing," Wangji informed him.

"What king of pain?" Xichen asked.

"I feel like my body is on fire, burning," Wei Ying winced.

"Let's get you to the infirmary to give you something for the pain. From now on, you should always have something with you to keep the pain from happening while you are cleansing. It will make things easier," Xichen explained.

Wangji stood up holding Wei Ying in his arms bridal style, "is there something to help me calm my head long enough to meditate?" Wei Ying asked.

"There should be why?" Xichen asked going with them to the infirmary.

"He can't ease his mind long enough to meditate," Lan Zhan answered, "he can't even get into a meditative state."

"Did you alway have a hard time meditating?" Xichen asked.

Wei Ying's head was rested on Lan Zhan's shoulder, "yes," he answered as calmly as possible, "I always had other solutions, such as hunting pheasants, practicing my sword, and going on the lake with Shijie to pick lotus pods. Those two things were relaxing enough for me to calm down. I didn't have to meditate, my core just grew stronger like that."

"Since Yili is cleansed completely we can transfer your other half of your soul back. How do you feel when you play music yourself?" Xichen asked.

"Depends if I'm in the mood to play freely, but when I am, I am pretty relaxed," Wei Ying answered, "why?"

"I'm just trying to think of ways to help you," Xichen said in response, "what do you normally do when you try to meditate? Has anyone taught you how to properly meditate? There are many ways to do it, you just have to find your way."