Chapter 18 - Silly Thing Called Love

Credit to owner, watermark on bottom of image above
////////////

The following morning, Wei Ying woke up with his head on Lan Zhan's chest. He was sore from the night before that he decided not to move. Lan Zhan shifted a little under him to let him know he was awake.

"Good morning," he said to Lan Zhan resting his chin to his chest.

Lan Zhan propped his head up by putting his arm behind his head, "good morning to you, Wei Ying."

Wei Ying smiled at him and slowly sat up with a groan, "who knew you'd be a monster in bed Lan Zhan. I am so sore," he teased.

Lan Zhan sat up leaning back against the headboard of the bed and gently pulled Wei Ying to his lap, "I'm sorry," he said, "maybe a warm bath this morning would help."

Wei Ying nodded, "maybe," he said with a yawn, "do you want to go call for one? Or should I as I can barely move?"

Lan Zhan chuckled, "I will go and get it prepared, you rest here and I'll get you when it is ready."

Wei Ying nodded as Lan Zhan gave a quick peck on his lips. He put one of his robes on and started a bath for them. Once it was ready, he went to Wei Ying and carried him to the tub, placing him gently in the water. Lan Zhan followed in behind him then pulled him between his legs.

"There, better?" Lan Zhan asked.

"A little, it may take a few days for the soreness to leave completely but I should be alright," Wei Ying told him.

After bathing, the two dressed into fresh robes and cuddled more on the bed. The two wanted another day to rest so they took it. In the meantime, Lan Zhan sent a message to his brother telling him they are alright.

After laying there for some time, he chuckled, remembering the conversation he had with his Shijie a long time ago. He realized how silly he had been to be afraid of his growing attachment to Lan Zhan. He can say now that he finally found himself content fully knowing that as long as Lan Zhan was with him he could get through anything.

"What are you laughing at?" Lan Zhan asked.

Wei Ying shifted to a  sitting position so he sat at an angle to speak more face to face with Lan Zhan, "I just remembered a conversation I had with my Shijie from a long time ago. Thinking back, I found myself to be kind silly within that conversation," he answered.

"May I know this said, conversation?" Lan Zhan asked.

"Oh," Wei Ying blushed, "you will laugh at me I'm sure."

"Maybe, but maybe not. You are my Wei Ying, my smiles and laughs are reserved for you only," Lan Zhan said.

Wei Ying giggled, "now I don't know if I want to tell you, you will make fun of me," he teased.

"I won't, so would you please tell me?" He pleaded.

"Well, it was after the war, but before the Wen Remants incident," Wei Ying explained, "I had a small disagreement with Jiang Cheng that night, he was, again, complaining that I don't use or carry my sword. He was also scolding me for not helping out as much as he suspected me to...."

"Wei Ying, I just want to tell you, don't listen to his words, especially if he doesn't know or understand your situation," Lan Zhan said in comfort and reassurance.

"I know, I do have to admit, I found myself drinking a lot more at that as well. I was trying to reason with Jiang Cheng and he shoved me, making me fall. He claimed I had too much to drink that my spiritual energy couldn't keep me standing straight."