Chapter 2 - Date A Nightmare

Silky, black hair, tied in uneven twintails. A ribbon atop the head. A black choker around the neck. A red and black dress held up by spaghetti straps. Black boots with stupidly tall soles. Frilly things on the arms, which I have no idea what they're called. Flawless, pale skin. A smug grin on her lips. A beautiful face adorned with a singular red eye, and one that resembles an old clock.

A girl of near-impossible beauty. She could only be Tokisaki Kurumi.

My number one waifu, and the best girl in Date A Live.

Fuck, I wasn't expecting to run into her so soon. Okay, you've got this. Keep cool. Stay calm. Don't embarrass yourself in front of your waifu.

"Well, I certainly wasn't expecting a male spirit to exist. Though it's hard to tell with that armor. How lucky for me to run into you~"

Holy hell! Her voice is like smooth, creamy butter! I'm not gonna last in this conversation am I? Okay just, say something to her!

"Well I'd say that I'm the lucky one, running into you, miss."

"Miss? Well, aren't you nice?" her voice turns to a more teasing tone.

"Well my mom always told me to be nice to girls, especially the pretty ones~"

"Goodness!" She cups a hand on her cheek and smiles sweetly. "You really know how to make a girl like you, huh?"

"Eh, I've always been kind of a loner, so I wouldn't really know." It's true, I've been a loner for years, haven't had any friends since I moved a few years back. Found anime not long after that.

"Though, I'm curious. Do you know what you are?" Huh? She must be asking if I remember being human.

"A... Spirit? At least, that's what those flying girls called me."

"Ah, them. Do you remember anything before?"

"Yes? Not sure how I could forget going to bed and waking up in a crater wearing this armor."
She appears slightly surprised at this. Spirits forgetting stuff is normal, after all.

"Well then, would you mind telling me about yourself, Spirit-kun?" There's that teasing tone again.

"I uh, sure? But we should probably sit down somewhere else. This alley probably ain't the best place to be."

"Hmmm. Very well." She walks up to me and holds out her hand. "Grab my hand and close your eyes."

"Okay." I grab her small, smooth hand and-
...okay I need to stop simping so hard right now. Though, acknowledging and accepting that I'm a simp is a good thing. Er, probably.

As I grab her hand, a dark and reddish void appears under our feet. Right, she has shadow powers. We begin to sink down and I quickly shut my eyes.

——————

"Okay, you can open them."

Hearing that, I open my eyes to see... an apartment? It's never really shown where Kurumi stays.

The apartment is small. The living room and dining room are just one big room, there's a couch and a loveseat facing one another with a coffee table in the middle. There's a small table in front of what appears to be a small kitchen. There's also a hallway that leads to more rooms, and behind me is what I can only assume is the front door.

"It's not much, but it's nice isn't it?" She asks next behind me.

"Nah, it reminds me of the one me and my parents stayed in when I was young." I turn around to see her hair down and wearing a different dress.