Chapter 3 - Date A Imagination

...

After that discussion, Kurumi showed me to my room. It was small with a double bed, a nightstand and a dresser (for clothes, of which I had none). I had asked her why she had a second bed and only said:

"A girl has to have her secrets right~"

...oh well.

Anyways, it's been a little while since then, and Kurumi and I have been talking about various things. Mostly who I was before I became a Spirit.

I wasn't anyone special, just a regular guy from Louisiana who went to bed and woke up in a crater.

"I am curious though, what can your angel do, Issei-kun." Kurumi inquired.

"I think it's based on imagination. When I fought the AST, I made a copy of another angel, Sandalphon. After that I made a copy of a sword from a video game. My guess is that I can make things with imagination. As for what I can and cannot make, I'll have to test my limits."

"Interesting... say, Issei-kun?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you hungry?"

Hungry? I haven't even thought of food after everything that's happened today.

"I guess I could eat. What do you usually do, cook or eat out?"

She puts a finger to her chin for a moment. "Either or, why?"

" 'Cause I've got an idea." I can practically feel my grin.

—————

"Issei-kun! I didn't know you could cook such tasty food!" Kurumi exclaimed. After taking one bite, she became incredibly elated.

"That's the thing, I can't cook anything but instant ramen. I used my angel for this." I say in between bites. Damn this curry is good!

"Then how did you-?"

"I imagined having the cooking knowledge of a certain protagonist with E-Rank luck. Throughout the series, he's shown as an amazing cook. Everyone who eats his food practically melts in ecstasy as they eat it."

Really, giving myself Emiya Shirou's cooking knowledge would've been enough, but since I really wanted to impress Kurumi, I gave myself EMIYA's cooking knowledge too. If Shirou was that good of a cook at 17, then how good was he when he died and became EMIYA? What else did he learn at Chaldea or any other time he was summoned? Most likely, a lot.

"Ufufu~ that's quite smart of you."

"Heh, thanks."

—————

After we ate what was probably the best food either of us have eaten, I washed the dishes.

As I did so, I thought about the world I'm in now. Kurumi's still killing people to steal their time in order to use Yud Bet to go back in time 30 years and kill Mio.

I still have no idea why she can't just get Reiryoku, or spirit energy, from her angel, like all the other Spirits. Furthermore, why does her angel sap her own life force to use its power instead of using Reiryoku? Mio forced Sephira Crystals into humans to 'refine' them, but maybe she didn't really have full access to their inner workings. Maybe she messed up with Zafkiel?

...that gives me an idea.

After finishing up washing the dishes, I return to the living room to see Kurumi sitting on the couch.

"Done already?" She asks me with a smile.

"Yeah, it wasn't much. Though, I did have an idea while I was washing dishes."