Chapter 8.5 - Date A Interlude 1

...
A normal morning. Or rather the type of morning that's been my normal for the past few weeks. Everything changed for the better 3 weeks ago.

When I was broken, and couldn't take anymore, She appeared and gave me my power.

My angel, Gabriel.

Finally, I could put those worthless men in their place. Finally, I could rid them of their desire to be above me. Finally, they can be what they were meant to be.

Trash.

The same goes for women too, all humans, really. When I was in despair, in loneliness, did anyone ever reach out to help me? No. No one did.

But now, I can put all those worthless humans aside, and have them serve me.

As I sit in the living room of my mansion, a girl, one of many whose names I don't know, pours me a cup of tea. As I pick up the cup and take a sip, I wave my hand to her, a signal to leave.

When I got this power, I thought I had confirmed my desire. My desire to put the cruel species known as humanity below me.

But why can't I stop thinking about that boy's words?!

"Remember that humans are capable of great good and great evil in equal measure. Don't give up on we humans just because you've seen the worst of what we can do. We can be better."

Great good?! What a sick joke!

Humans are worthless, less than trash! How could they be capable of anything good?!

Those people that were my fans turned on me the very instant they heard I'd done those things! Those worthless peons kicked me to the curb after that fucker tried to get me to bed him!

Humans are evil. Cruel. Worthless. Meaningless.

But enough of that. I need to calm down and take my mind off of this.

I take a sip of tea. It's warmth careening down my throat, soothing my woes. Picking up the remote, I turn on the television. Interestingly, a news report is on. How odd, I usually don't care for the news.

"Last night, at 22:39, a secret military base located on Neryl Island, an island in the Pacific, was attacked by terrorists. The facility was owned by the British Government and funded by Deus Ex Machina Industries. However, for on what we've learned, is that the site became fully autonomous roughly 10 years ago.

We are currently unsure of the plan exact number of casualties, yet the only people that sustained injuries were scientists and guards. Fortunately, none of the prisoners were harmed in the attack.

Yes, you heard that right. Prisoners. The people running this facility were performing tests and other God-forsaken things to people held captive here."

See? See?! Another example of humanity's cruelty. They're all evil!

"We interviewed a few of the prisoners that were rescued by authorities, when they arrived early this morning."

The footage cuts from the female anchor, standing on the beach, to a middle-aged man. His hair is long and unkempt, yet is also receding in the front. His skin is deathly pale and seems to stick to his very bones. His clothes, if you can even call them that, are disheveled. His eyes, brown and lifeless, are sunken into his face, a glimpse into the horrors he's witnessed there.

"How long have you been here, sir?"

"Uh... what year is it exactly?"

"2022."