Re:Chapter 11 - Date A New Problems

...

Deus Ex Machina Industries are the main supplier of CR-Units for the AST. They've done many great things for the world, their CEO Isaac Wescott was even knighted some years back. On paper, they're a great boon to the humanitarian effort.

So then what the hell happened last night?!

Waking up is already enough of a pain as it is, considering my duties as commander of the Fraxinus, but my nice morning was ruined by hearing someone attacked a DEM base.

The assumed attacker was a Spirit. Of course it was, there's a massive gash in the island. Few could do something like that, none of them human. Or at least, physically human.

Though that could just be me assuming things. We still don't know if any of the other Spirits were once human like me.

"Okay then, what do we know?" I ask my subordinates, from my commander's chair as I rub my temples. Kannazuki's off today, thank God, so I won't have to deal with him this morning.

"DEM had a secret base on Neryl Island at it was attacked at 22:39 last night." A middle-aged man with black and white hair, 'Bad Marriage' Kawagoe Kyouji answers, beginning to explain.

"They supposedly went rogue. DEM as well as the British Government released statements not long ago, condemning them." A woman with short hair, 'Deep Love' Minowa Kozue, continues the report.

"They captured and experimented on all of the sevety-three people who were rescued, as well as God-knows how many more who didn't make it." A middle aged man with a receding hairline, 'Boss' Mikimoto Masaomi, continues.

"All of the prisoners were rescued, but all of the scientists and most of the guards were killed, brutally. The remaining guards that were arrested likely surrendered." The analytics officer, Murasame Reine, finishes.

"Okay then." I mull over that information. "So someone, clearly a Spirit, attacked them, rescued the prisoners and killed most of the people doing horrible things. Are there any Spirits who could do all of those things as well as... that?" I ask, referring to the massive gash in the earth. It looks like someone swung a sword inside the facility and cut though the earth. The island had a form of cloaking that blocked surveillance and prevented us from sensing any Reiryoku output. That is, until someone 'cut' through the barrier.

"No, ma'am. No Spirits, aside from the First should have that sort of power." A young woman with long, black hair, 'Nail Knocker' Shiizaki Hinako, corrects.

"Could it be Emperor? She fled from the AST and hasn't been seen since." Kozoe asks.

Right, the fully armored Spirit had a rather weak spacequake, and because of this, is rated rather low in terms of strength, only a B-Rank There's one problem though, as she hasn't been seen since.

"Perhaps, we don't know the full extent of her power, aside from that copied angel." A glassed wearing man, 'Dimension Breaker' Nakatsugawa Munechika, points out.

That's right, when the AST attacked her, she made a copy of Princess' angel. Can she do that with others?

"We did sense three large Reiryoku souces in the facility for just a moment, before one disappeared, followed by the other two moments later." Reine points out.

"So... she had help, any idea who?" I ask, grasping for straws at this point.

"No idea, ma'am. Their power output doesn't match those of any other Spirits, they also were really high. We might have three new Spirits aside Emperor, unless she was one of those there." Kyouji says.

More Spirits show up, and they're getting stronger and stronger. At this rate, my stupid brother's job will be even harder.

Dammit... when are we going to bring Shido in on this? The start of school next year, like planned? Or will we have to tell him sooner...?