Chapter 4 - Date A Dream

...
After Kurumi eventually calmed down we both decided to go to sleep. Fortunately, her apartment has 2 bathrooms and I can use my angel to make a toothbrush and toothpaste. Spitting out some mouthwash, I take a second to better look at my new face.

I've got short, dark brown hair and dark red eyes, a shade closer to burgundy. I'm still 6' tall as I was before, it was really easy to tell since Kurumi was nearly a head shorter than me. If I recall she's around 160 cm tall, which is just above 5'.

I rinse my face with some water and dry with a towel.

"Man, this all still is so damn surreal..."

How the hell did I end up here? No way Mio would've brought me here, she probably would think of me as a threat due to me foreknowledge of the series. This world has a small connection to the Neighboring World due to Wescott summoning Mio 30 years ago, it shouldn't be connected to mine.

Returning to my room, I close the door and start getting undressed. Kurumi and I said goodnight to each other, so there's nothing left to do but sleep.

Laying on the bed, wearing just some light pants made of some cotton material, I get a better look at my body. I was never a muscular person, always very thin, but now I'm built like a swimmer. Lots of muscle, hidden under a thin frame. A new body, yet another curiosity.

"Issei-kun? May I come in?"

My thoughts are broken by Kurumi's voice from outside my door. What could she want?

"Yeah, sure."

The door opens and- HOLY SHIT!

Kurumi is clad in a short, black nightgown, held on her shoulders with spaghetti straps, similarly to her Astral Dress. The gown ends in a skirt that comes to her mid-thigh. If I didn't think that she was beautiful, this would've fucking changed my mind.

"Ara ara~ you're staring quite hard at me. A girl might get the wrong idea." Flirting again huh? Well two can play at that game.

"Maybe I want you to have the wrong idea, Kurumin~"

A blush appears on her face as I say this. She really is weak to that nickname, huh?

"Anyways, whaddya need? I thought you were going to bed?"

"Well, I needed some way to thank you for earlier and I figured you might like it if I slept next to you."

Wha? Sleep next to me? How forward is this girl?

"Kurumi, why... would you seriously be comfortable sleeping next to a guy you just met?"

"Well I'd say we're quite close after you connected our hearts earlier~"

"I connected to your Sephira Crystal, not your heart." I say, deadpan. "Besides, you don't need to thank me, you deserved to be saved from that shit."

Kurumi only had one way to kill Mio, and that was kill people by taking their time. Anyone would've helped her find a way to not kill people after learning of her situation. Though, most people would rather dissuade her from killing Mio as well, but I suppose it is justified. Dammit, I really need to find a way to change her mind about that. Her going back in time and killing Mio might make a worse timeline than this one.

" *sigh* Fine, if you want to sleep next to me, then go ahead, BUT!" I point my finger at her for emphasis. "Don't do it because you want to thank me, so it because you want to do it."

Kurumi and I stare at each other for a moment before she giggles.

"Ufufufu~ alright then. I won't thank you, but I will take up your offer." I scooch over and make room on the bed for her.