Chapter 14 - Date A Kerubiel

...

The next day, I wake up, once again, to find the three familiar mops of hair surrounding me. Why do they even have their own rooms if they're just gonna sleep here?!

After waking them up and cooking, and subsequently consuming, breakfast, Kurumi and I get ready for our date. She's wearing her outfit from her date with Shido in the first season of the anime.

As we walk out of the door, I hold my hand out in a fancy manner. "Shall we, Miss Tokisaki?"

She giggles. "Of couse, Mister Sahashi." She says as she gracefully takes my hand. I told her my new last name not long ago.

—————

Not long after, we arrive at our destination. The cafe I took Natsumi to twice. It's not the cat cafe Kurumi and I went to a while back, but hopefully it'll be good to compare cafes.

As we sit at a table in the quiet cafe, eating snacks and sipping tea, I notice a flash of yellow in the corner of my vision.

'Again, huh?' I unconsciously let out a chuckle.

Kurumi notices this. "What is funny?"

"Noticed our Spiritual friend watching us. Just like with the other two dates." I explained, having mentioned seeing her the past two days.

"Ah." She says simply.

Things become awkward once more as I decided to strike up conversation. "So, how are you doing?"

"Hm?" Kurumi asks. "Fine. Why?"

"No, I mean how are you doing nowadays. You know, since I showed up and all." I ask.

Kurumi's single revealed eye widens for a moment. "That's what you meant." She says, taking a sip of tea after and taking a moment to gather her thoughts. "Well, I wouldn't say I dislike it. Don't get me wrong, I still want to get back at Mio for everything she's done, but... I can't help but want to enjoy life, instead of worrying about gathering energy and killing people."

"I see. Part of me was worried about you mental state, what with all the killing and being so focused on revenge." I say, smiling afterwards. "I'm glad to hear you're happy."

"Ufufu." She giggles, before resting her hand upon mine, laid on the table. "You make me happy, Issei-kun. I was only living for revenge, but you gave me a new reason to live. To enjoy life." She stares deep into my eyes as she speaks. "So thank you, Issei."

My eyes widen for a moment, before I too, let out a chuckle. "You're welcome, Kurumi." I say, turning my hand over and grasping hers with it.

—————

Outside of the cafe, a blonde haired girl, invisible to all, clutches her chest tightly.

Her job is to cast judgement.

Her job is to judge if one is worthy.

Her job is to be done effectively, with no emotions.

Her job, once judgment is cast, is to then disappear.

Then what...

What is the feeling in her chest...?

It is an unknown feeling to the blonde haired girl.

She only knows of her job, her purpose, her reason for living.

But that man, the one who she is to judge, has given that woman a new reason to live.

But she has finished judging him, and therefore has no reason to live.

But why does she want one so dearly...?