Chapter 12 - Date A Otaku

...

After Natsumi and I beat the hell out of each other in Mortal Kombat, Kurumi comes back for the living room, telling me that Nia's finishing getting ready.

Natsumi and I stop playing and I wait on my date.

Not long after, Nia comes out, wearing a black ribbed turtleneck and tight blue jeans. She also has on short, grey boots. In her hands is a thin green jacket, perfect for this time of year. It's November now, or at least the end of October, so it's starting to get chilly.

Nia looks at me, confident, yet blushing.

"So, what do you think of her?" The black haired Spirit asks.

"Very cute. You did a great job again, Kurumi." I say.

"Why thank you." She smiles.

I walk over to Nia, stopping in front of her. "Though, we're missing one thing." I hold out my hand and create a pair of red glasses on her face.

Nia looks surprised for a moment, before calming down. "How...? Oh, right, light novel." She says, remembering Date A Live.

"You do look cute with glasses." I say, causing her blush to strengthen. "Well, shall we?" I ask, motioning to the door. She nods as we begin to leave. I create a red jacket on myself.

"Don't stay out too late, Issei-kun." Kurumi teases me.

"We'll be back before sunset, Kurumin." I tease back, causing her to blush and smile. Nia and I walk outside, closing the door behind us.

"Kurumin? I like the sound of that." Nia says.

"Thanks, I stole it from you. Or rather, the you in the light novel." I say, uncaring.

"Really? Haha, that's too good!" She says with a laugh. "So, where to first?"

"Well, I remember you were into cosplay, so wanna go to a cosplay store, or somethin'?" I ask, having no idea where to go.

"Oh!" Her eyes light up. "I know just the place! I hope they haven't closed down!" She shouts, as she grabs my hand and begins to run.

"Nia! Calm down, dammit!" I shout as she drags me through the chilly city.

—————

Not long after, we reach the store. "Yeah, it's still here!" Nia shouts in joy as we stand in front of a small store.

"I'm glad, but did you have to drag me all the way here?" I ask. I'm not tired, just a bit annoyed that she decided to do this.

"Of course! How else would I have done it?" She asks, with a smug smile.

I merely sigh at her antics. "Fine, fine. Let's just go inside, yeah?"

As we enter, I see a kindly old woman at the counter. "Hello, welcome to-NIA?!" She shouts at the end, recognizing Nia.

"Long time no see, Obaa-san." Nia greets as the old lady hugs her.

"Nia-chan, I'm glad to see you safe. You scared me when you disappeared, girl." She says, breaking the hug to look at Nia.

"It's a long story." The bespectacled Spirit says awkwardly. "I'm glad to see you're still open, Obaa-san."

"Well of course! You help reignite my passion for helping people with cosplay, after all!" She half shouts. "I wouldn't have stayed open back then if you hadn't helped me."

I quietly stare at this scene, with a smile. I'm glad Nia has some people she knew before those assholes at DEM kidnapped her.

"Oh?" The old lady says, noticing me. "Is this your boyfriend, Nia-chan?"