Re:Chapter 3 - Date A Imagination

...

After showing me my new room, Kurumi and I spoke with one another in the living room. She even brewed some tea, which I tried.

I've always drank sweet tea at a cold temperature, so it was surprising to find I liked hot tea.

I also told her who I was and my powers.

I wasn't anyone special before, just a regular guy from Louisiana who went to bed and woke up in a crater.

"I am curious though, what can your angel do, Issei-kun?" Kurumi inquired.

"I think it's based on imagination. When I fought the AST, I made a copy of another angel, Sandalphon. After that I made a copy of a sword from a video game. My guess is that I can make things with imagination. As for what I can and cannot make, I'll have to test my limits." I explain. "That oughta be fun." I add, eliciting a giggle from Kurumi.

"Ufufu~ Interesting... say, Issei-kun?" She asks.

"Yeah, Kurumi?"

"Are you hungry?" She asks.

"Hungry? Heh, I haven't even thought of food after everything that's happened today." I say with a chuckle. "I guess I could eat. What do you usually do, cook or eat out?"

She puts a finger to her chin for a moment. "Either or, why?"

" 'Cause I've got an idea." I can practically feel my grin.

—————

Upon standing up, Issei-kun's Reiryoku engulfed himself for just a moment, before he walked over to the kitchen.

He opened the cabinets, looking at the pots and pans, as well as the food kept within. He began taking things out with graceful moves as he began to cook.

I suppose I shouldn't interrupt his work.

Sitting down at the dining room table, I watch him cook as I think over today.

It was an ordinary day, at least until one of my clones observed a new Spirit, one donning a full suit of armor.

It wasn't very surprising to see a Spirit fend off the AST, most of us could so it. What was surprising was him summoning another Spirit's angel in his hand, Princess' to be exact. The he summoned another sword and fought the AST. His fighting was rough and clearly done on instinct, not skill. Soon, he had enough and summoned a key of sorts. Judging by it's Reiryoku output, it had to be another angel.

What truly surprised me was him being a male. All the Spirits until now were female, what changed in Mio's mind to do such a thing?

He also knows much more than a normal Spirit should. Far too much.

He knows of this 'canon' timeline, as he called it. That means he knows some of the future. Of course, this isn't set in stone as he wasn't in that timeline, so his presence will change future events. As for the past...

I wonder how much he knows about me...

He said he knew about what happened with Mio and I, does he know about everything else I've done?

Probably not, why would he trust a murderer such as I?

Still, he seems like a genuinely good person. That just makes me more suspicious of him.

Mio was nice too.

Until she wasn't.

Hmm... I suppose I'll just have to see how things play out. It's not like that's anything new.

I am the one who plays the role of observer, after all.

—————

"Issei-kun! I didn't know you could cook such tasty food!" Kurumi exclaimed, happily consuming the curry and rice I made. After taking one bite, she became incredibly elated.