Chapter 11 - Date A New Problems

...

I open my eyes to an unfamiliar white ceiling. Heh, much better than the grey rooms I've known for the past few years.

Sitting up, I look around and see a normal bedroom. Looking down, I notice, I'm still in that hospital gown. Last night really happened, huh? I got rescued by Issei and his friends. Never thought it'd happen, I kinda gave up hope a long time ago.

The door cracks open, revealing Issei in a casual outfit. Shame, that armor of his was pretty cool. "Oh, you're finally awake." He walks closer to me. "How ya feeling?"

"Fine, I guess." I don't really know, though.

"No pain, no exhaustion?"

"No, nothing hurts. And I think I got enough sleep." I wave him off.

"I was more concerned about your body getting whiplash from removing all those machines in you."

"No, I'm fine- wait WHAT?!" What the hell does he mean by that?!

He sighs. "DEM put a bunch of mind-controlling tech in you and I took it all out while you were asleep. I was worried you'd get whiplash from that."

I stay quiet for a long while. "...those bastards." I clench my fists a bit.

"Don't worry, we'll deal with Wescott one day, forget about him for now. Now, you're free from them, I'm sure a lot of people are missing you and your manga."

"Oh..." I had totally forgot about Silver Bullet.

"Well you can worry about that later, c'mon breakfast is ready."

"Okay." I nod and start to get up. It's still a bit tough, but I manage to stand on my own.

"Oh, and I should also should tell you about Mio." He says, while walking away.

Who the hell is Mio?

—————

"Wait, wait, wait. So this Mio woman is turing us into Spirits to have us fall in love with this Shido guy, so he can get some of their powers and Mio can use that as a catalyst to bring back his past self?" Nia tries to reason everything I've just told her.

After the events of last night, we've decided to lay low and rest for a few days. No big fights or anything strenuous, hopefully. And we're starting the day off right, with a simple breakfast, albeit one where I explain Mio's ambitions to Nia.

"Yup. Congrats, you now know the plot of Date A Live." I say theatrically, our plates having been empty for a short while. "Though I forgot to mention the part where Sephira crystals cause their host to have subtle feelings for Shido."

"What?!" "Huh?!" Nia and Natsumi shriek.

"You never mentioned this, Issei-kun." Kurumi says, looking a bit upset.

"It was one of the first things I fixed when I 'hacked' into your angels. Oh and, I hacked into Rasiel while you were asleep and fixed it and some other stuff."

"Oh, thank God." Nia says with a large exhale, as she leans back into her chair.

"Sorry if I scared you all." I apologize. "I didn't want to worry you girls."

"It's fine Issei, you did fix it after all." Natsumi says, relaxing.

"That woman." Kurumi says, a bit pissed off. "She really doesn't care about anyone other than Shinji?"

"I thought we already established this, Kurumi?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Shinji clearly never taught the girl empathy."

"Still, to drag everyone into this mess." Nia says, quietly. "Heh, I suppose it makes her a good villain." She points out.