Re:Chapter 4 - Date A Dream

...

After a long time, Kurumi eventually broke the hug. "Why...? Why are you even trying to help me...?" She asks, confused but glad.

"I told ya, I've got knowledge of the timeline." I raise my right hand and cup Kurumi's cheek. "I don't know every little thing that's happened to you, but I've seen enough to know you've been through too much. You've been doin' this on your own for too long, with no one to be there for you, so I'll be that person."

Her eyes widen once more at my declaration.

"You ARE a good person, Kurumi." I say, serious as I let go of her cheek. My eyes glance at the clock. "Well, it seems that took longer than I thought."

The time Spirit follows my eyes and looks at the clock as well. "My, you're right... It's quite late."

"Well. I suppose I'm gonna brush my teeth and head to bed." I say.

"Do you even have a toothbrush?" She asks.

"I can just make one, remember?" I say with a chuckle. "Night, Kurumi."

"Good night, Issei-kun." She says with a smile as I walk toward the bathroom.

—————

Well, this whole evening certainly has been full of surprises.

To think Issei-kun would know about my plans and not despise me.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around his thought process and actions.

First, he 'hacks' into Zafkiel to fix a 'mistake' on Mio's part, though I truly doubt it was a 'mistake'. Then, he tells me that I'm a good person...?!

How can I be a good person after all of this? Why offer someone like me a second chance? How can I deserve such a thing?

...No, I shouldn't say that. Issei-kun has ended up in this world somehow, being given Spirit abilities and a new body. He's been given a second chance for no apparent reason.

I sit back down on the couch, hearing the water running in the bathroom.

How much does Issei-kun really know? If he's trying to get me to trust him, it's certainly working. It doesn't hurt that he's quite attractive, and he's certainly made his interest in me clear.

Hmm... Perhaps a bit of teasing is in order.

—————

I quickly finished brushing my teeth in one of the bathrooms. I was surprised to find her apartment had two of them.

Spitting out some mouthwash, I take a second to better look at my new face.

Good lord, this is still freaking me out a bit. Ending up in Date A Live, with a new body and bunking with Kurumi. It all seems so damn surreal!

I rinse my face with some water and dry with a towel to calm my raging thoughts.

How in the hell did I end up here? No way Mio would've brought me here, she probably would think of me as a threat due to me foreknowledge of the series. This world has a connection to the Neighboring World, which was created due to Wescott summoning Mio 30 years ago, it shouldn't be connected to mine.

I then begin to return to my room, idly noticing Kurumi's room devoid of the Spirit herself. Her room's pretty basic, nothing noteworthy. Shaking my head, I continue to my room, closing the door behind me and start getting undressed, and putting on some freshly made clothes.

I swear, this angel, whichever one it is, is incredibly useful.

I create a new lamp, placing it on the nightstand, and turn off the lights, allowing the lamp to be the only source of light in the room.
laying down on the bed, wearing just some light pants made of some cotton material, I get a better look at my body. I was never a muscular person, always very thin, but now I'm built like a swimmer. Lots of muscle, hidden under a thin frame. A new body, yet another curiosity.