💞 Our Newest Addition - Part Two 💞

With your body slowly adjusting to the sudden sensation of waking up, you lazily draped an arm over your eyes before you could open them, taking in a deep breath before exhaling out. Letting your arm flop to the side of your pillow, you rested yourself for a moment on the bed while you opened your eyes wearily. A yawn escaped your mouth as you turned your head to the side of you in hopes of getting a glimpse of Zim who usually lies next to you while your asleep. Strangely though, you noticed he wasn't there as you blinked a few times in confusion, still trying to get your blurry eyes to adjust to your surroundings. With your senses now starting to fully regain themselves, your attention was brought to the sound of light humming and a repeating tapping noise over by the door. Sluggishly, you propped yourself up on your bed, trying to spot what was going on only to see Zim crouched down alongside where the door was with some type of hammer-shaped tool in his hand.

"Zim?" Your voice cracked as your tiredness rang out to him, catching his attention as his head whipped around to face you along with his antennae standing upright.

"Ah, gooooood morning, my love!" He sang out with a charming smile, placing the device on the ground before he made his way over to you and sat down on the bed alongside you. Looking up at him, a smile made its way onto your face as he leaned his head closer to yours and planted a long, drawn-out kiss on your forehead, resulting in your face painted in a light rosy blush as he shifted his attention to your belly. "And good morning to you too, my little smeet!" After cheerfully greeting his unborn baby, he leaned down to place a gentle kiss on your stomach that left you feeling a sudden sense of elation and had your smile spreading wider across your face.

"I have to say Zim, I never expected you to be so excited about having a baby. Especially since we already have Gir and Minimoose around." You stated, continuing to glance down at your alien as he turned to face you with a jovial grin.

"Well you could say there's lots of things you didn't expect from me. For instance, I bet you never expected me to get you pregnant, now did you?" He declared, adding a suggestive tone at the end with a glare that sent butterflies swarming inside you. In response, you giggled as you felt your cheeks become more heated the longer he looked at you.

"Y'know I also didn't expect to wake up all by myself this morning." You mentioned with a witty, playful attitude and gesturing towards his side of the bed.

"Oh yes, that... I wasn't planning on you waking up until later so I started baby-proofing the base." He explained.

"Is that what that banging noise was?"

"Yes, I was constructing something. Look!" Maneuvering himself off the bed, he walked back over to where he was and pointed down where you could see a... giant, gaping hole in the wall that led out into the hallway. You tilted your head and blinked a few times, leaning your body slightly forward as you looked out in front of you past the foot of your bed.

"You... put a hole in the wall...?" You mumbled in confusion.

"YES! Clever, don't you think?"

Being left with a series of questions fumbling around in your head, all that managed to come out of your mouth was "... Why?"

"It's for the smeet to use!" He declared, continuing to use hand gestures towards the hole as he further explained. "What's gonna happen when it wants to come in here? It won't be able to. And do you know WHY it won't be able to come in here?"

"Uh...-"

"Because it won't be able to reach the door handle, that's why! So to make things easier, I've devised a little walkway for it to crawl through. That way it can come in and out of here without any hassle whatsoever!" He explained proudly, placing his hands on his hips. "Neat, huh?"