💞 Our Newest Addition - Part Six 💞

(Prewarning: since this is the final chapter to this little story, there will be obvious themes of childbirth being depicted. I've kept in mind that not everyone might be comfortable with this type of subject, and as such I've tried to make this chapter as restrained and decent as possible!)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Eight months. That's how long you've had to wait for this exact, special moment. Eight long grueling, questionable and confusing months. If you were blatantly honest, the journey was long and difficult with a lot of unforeseen problems stumbling into your life that had affected your day to day life. But while there were some downfalls to your progress you were also able to find and appreciate the positives as well, and you certainly didn't have to look too far to discover them. A perfect example; your partner. Your sweet, amazing alien who has done nothing but go above and beyond (literally) for you and has been by your side throughout the entire pregnancy, giving everything he has, every single part of what makes him alive to you and your unborn child. The man who made sure you never went hungry throughout the night. The man who fixed up your pillow if it felt too uncomfortable while you slept. The man who treated you like you were a one in a million, making sure you were always spoiled with his affection and tended to your every need and desire with only a single whisper of his name. Without his guidance and support, there's absolutely no way you would've made it on your own. In fact, had it not been for the fact that Zim's been so undeniably loyal to you from the moment you both fell in love, you'd question how he managed to put up with all your rapidly changing, high-functioning mood swings. Only now do you realize the fragile state a woman experiences when dealing with the implications of pregnancy and you thank your lucky stars that the father of your child was someone who was so incredibly devoted to not just you, but the baby as well even without having met her yet!

The very idea of creating life together with someone like Zim would've made you both crack into hysterics not even a year ago. And whoever it was that would've told you both that you'd be set to have a child together in the future would've surely ended up with their head examined and had their brain replaced. It was such a laughable, unfathomable concept, one that neither you nor Zim had ever really considered to its fullest because of how realistically insane the very idea seemed. Yet somehow, against all odds, here you are. Now in the comforting protection of your one and only Irken with your beautiful daughter soon to be in the loving embrace of your arms. 

But of course, this is still the same Zim we're talking about, so it's not like he was putting on an act for you just because you were pregnant or as if he'd suddenly gained a sense of emotional vulnerability with the knowledge that he's about to become a father. Instead it seemed he handled the pregnancy with a higher sense of compassion towards you than what he usually shows in your relationship while still keeping his former reputation intact. After all he is still an Irken, and you knew by now that nothing would ever change that.

Not even at a hospital...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S ONLY ONE SIZE?!?" Zim yelled aggressively, standing underneath the doorway.

"Sir, please calm down. Our hospital accommodates the same size bed for everyone to ensure equality and respect for all patients." The nurse responded from out past the door frame where you couldn't see her, though you could sense her uneasiness as you read Zim's behaviour from where you sat.