Written Attachments

(This oneshot was requested by pandy_girl191)

The sound of the skool bell ringing overhead had your ears echoing that same, constant repetitive noise inside your brain while you made your way inside the classroom. You'd come back from lunch and left your bag in your locker just outside where the hallway resided but you kept your necessities for the upcoming lesson in hand, such as your pencil case and any important folders as well. As more and more of your classmates started piling inside the room, you passed a subtle glimpse to the guy that sat directly alongside the doorway, catching your eye as his charming smile and glowing purple contacts were hard to miss. He was already situated behind his desk practically before anyone else had entered and even with a passing smile, you could tell just from that split second glimpse that from his faintly subtle expression he had a mischievous aura to him, his eyes never wavering from you as you continued to make your way to your desk. While you set yourself up diagonally from him, you focused on placing your belongings on your desk nice and neatly before you pulled out your chair where you were caught off guard by a small sheet of paper that had been folded up and placed on the seat. It wasn't hard to guess who placed it there as you grabbed it and placed it on your desk, settling into your own seat before you could get the chance to inspect it. You carefully opened it up and inside were a series of words written in a unique and distinctive format that you were all to familiar with. Your eyes traced the words as you read the note silently, a small smile creeping onto your lips when you noticed the small little scribbles where certain words had been crossed out to make into a new word.

Receiving little messages like this wasn't an overly uncommon experience for you. Over the past few months you'd developed an unlikely bond with someone in your classroom, someone you'd least expect to share a connection with; Zim. It was a surprise to the both of you and you still weren't entirely sure how it came about, but what mattered is that you had formed an unlikely friendship with him and you two became close mutuals, often talking to each other during your lunch breaks and sharing some of your more personal experiences with one another. In fact, over the course of this friendship, your emotional adoration for him had quickly increased and before you knew it, you'd developed a serious crush on him, only further driving you to continue the bond you shared and with the minimal hope that perhaps this connection could one day lead to something much more in the future.

Now, you were no fool to Zim's imprudent disguise and his drive for world conquest. You were one of the few open-minded handful of people who could actually see through his pretentious lies, the only other person being Dib of course. Though you hadn't actually seen him without his disguise just yet, your feelings for him never strayed and you'd openly discussed your knowledge of him being an alien with Zim, who at the time denied everything just as you'd expect but eventually grew to trust you and gradually opened up to you about his true identity. You knew a limited amount of detail when it came to his species and he even informed you about what life was like at home with his two henchmen, Gir and Minimoose, who he hyped up to be more logically equipped and competent than was actually true. Regardless, you were granted the opportunity to meet them one day once Zim felt you were ready, and needless to say you anticipated the day that would happen.

But even with your newfound friendship and close connection you'd formed with him, there was a seed of doubt that subconsciously planted itself into your brain about your feelings for him. You'd held back on displaying any kind of romantic affection or hinting at your inner feelings because you weren't entirely sure Zim felt the same, or even if Irkens could feel any type of romantic desire at all. That was until he started passing you these notes during class, often writing about all kinds of things ranging from making fun of different classmates, exploring what life would be like 10 years from now, and even the possibility of going on a 'trip' together one day after skool (Zim was too passive at the time to call it a proper date). To add onto your confusing yet exciting feelings, you'd recently discovered Zim would often turn his head around to face you during class, just for a quick second to throw you either a charming smirk or a flirtatious wink, always resulting in your face turning a deep shade of red and would often cause a follow up reaction from you that had a swarm of butterflies to flutter inside your stomach regardless of which gesture he presented to you.