❉ Taken On Board ❉

*WARNING: A FAIR BIT OF FLUFFY WUFFY HAS BEEN INCLUDED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!*

'AGGGHH GGRRRRR! USELESS PIECE OF JUNK!'

Zim shouted out in anger, his body crouched down on the ground as his hands fixated on the giant robot machine that stood tall in front of him. His head was wedged into a small opening in the bottom of the soulless robot as his hands fidgeted all around inside, trying everything he could to fix the problem with the electronic device. Kneeling down beside him, the only help I was able to provide was to shine a flashlight inside so that he was able to see just what he was working on. Being the girlfriend of an extra-terrestrial creature, there was no possible way I was able to comprehend Irken technology, let alone how to help fix it. But also being as clingy as I am, I was desperately wanting to help Zim with whatever it was he was doing, as he started getting very agitated and frustrated over his work. So, the only thing I was able to do that was simple enough for any human was to provide some light while Zim maneuvered around inside the machine. A few more grunts could be heard as his arms were busy fiddling inside.

'Do you know what the problem is?' I asked out of concern while also being well prepared not to understand anything that he's about to say.

'Just a couple of broken wires. I should be able to get some replacements within a day or two.' He stated, his voice echoing out from the tiny opening. Wow, I actually understood that!

'Can you wait that long?' I joked playfully with a smile. Zim stopped for a brief moment, pushing his head out from the machine so that he could face me. His expression was riddled with frustration and bemusement as he glared at me, almost as if I had angered him even more with that small little joke. My face fell from a smile into a sorrowful frown.

'...Sorry...' I mumbled, lowering my head a little. Zim let out a little, empty sigh before pushing his head back inside.

'AHEM, I NEED SOME LIGHT!' Zim demanded with a stern voice. In a panic, I raised my hands up again and shone the flashlight back inside, allowing Zim to continue doing his repairs. A few still, silent moments had passed, listening to the sound of clanking and turning of metal inside the machine, when Zim's voice echoed out from the opening.

'You know, it's not that hard to hold a flashlight!' He spoke, frustration filling his voice.

'I-I'm sorry... I just got a little distracted...' I exclaimed, holding onto the light a little tighter.

'Well can you stop being distracted?' He asked rudely.

I could hear in his tone of voice that everything he was saying was all out of frustration, but damn, sometimes it's like he just forgets how much his words can hurt, especially towards me.

'LIGHT! I NEED LIGHT! WHY DO YOU KEEP SHINING IT AWAY?' He yelled. In another wave of panic, I brought the light back up to where he was, though my hands now felt shaky and cold from his harsh tone. My body was suddenly overwhelmed with different emotions that made me feel useless and unwanted, so much so that the tiniest prick of a tear had formed in the corner of my eyes. Now my entire body felt shaky and numb as my hands felt like they couldn't hold the light up any more.

'I... I t-think I have to go...' My voice cracked as I lowered the torch onto the floor and stood up, making my way over to the elevator and inside as I ascended up from his base into the house. As I began leaving through the living room door, I held an empty hand over my mouth to try and stop myself from going into panic mode and completely breaking down in the middle of his porch. Noticing the street was empty, I stepped off from Zim's property and begn walking along the sidewalk, where I had finally mustered up the strength to completely rid the tears from my eyes and return back to my normal state.