♛ The Prophecy - Part One ♛

(Just a lil heads up before you start reading! So a while back I had a weird dream about Invader Zim, and the dream was so amazing that try as I might, I could not get it out of my head. I had dwelled on whether or not I wanted to write it out, but it kept coming back to me and I was like "ya know what, imma do it!" So here it is! A crazy little oneshot based off a dream I had!

Note: This oneshot is WAY more descriptive and detailed then the dream itself. I got a little creative while writing it and decided to add a few other things here and there but... I think you'll get the basic idea of it!)

I was running as fast as my feet could possibly move, sprinting down various streets and passing numerous buildings to try and escape the angry mod that was chasing far behind me. The world was dark, illuminated by the glowing streetlights decorated along the footpath. As I continued running, I felt my breath grow sharp and weak as my legs began to feel as though they were going to collapse. I knew I needed to find a place to stop and re-cooperate my energy and fast, or else i'd be caught and taken back to the place I hate most; my home.

Slowing down my pace a little, I began to look around at my atmosphere, analysing any whereabouts that I could hide myself in. My eyes glanced all around the place but everything was all the same; nothing but closed buildings and empty spaces in between. That was until I noticed in the distance a dark alleyway with a slight glowing red tinge coming off from it. At first glance it gave me goosebumps, second guessing myself as to whether or not it was a good idea to go over there, but once I heard the angry shouting from behind me grow louder and louder, I knew I had no choice but to race over there and hide.

Turning down the bricked alleyway, I stuck to the wall like glue as I proceeded to keep my ears open to any distant footsteps or voices as I began to steady my breathing. It was a long minute that felt like it sadisticlly dragged on until finally the commotion had vanished and the streets were filled with silence once again. I let out a deep sigh of relief before I turned my head to where the red glow was coming from. As I looked down the alleyway, I noticed the glow was coming from the left side of me from a window high above the ground. The other windows from that same building were pitch black, nothing could be seen inside as I glanced my eyes around. To the right of me was another building, though it looked very worn down and uncared for since the mid 50's. Just as I was about to pull my head away from the window, I could have sworn I heard a light robotic snickering coming from somewhere around me.

'H-hello...?' I called out quietly, waiting for a response. I darted my eyes everywhere, searching for anything that could have caused the sound, but soon gave up as I began to think it may have just been my paranoia. Shrugging it off, I took a few more steps further down the dark hallway until I noticed a funny looking door that was attached to the same building with the red glow. The door was a light blue colour, decorated with a small black sign in white writing that read 'S.I.R. UNITS ONLY'.

'S.I.R. Unit?' I wondered out loud in a whisper. Now, I know it is an absolutely stupid idea to wander off into an abandoned sidewalk with no knowledge of who or what has access to this place, and I was about to turn around and try and find another hiding spot until.

'She cant do it...'

My heart sank as I whipped my head around behind me, scared to know where that voice was coming from. It sounded the same as the one before, the one that was quietly laughing from somewhere. Now I was beginning to think hiding in here wasn't such a terrible idea. If I am being followed and this little mechanical voice is not in my head, then I need to find somewhere to escape them. Turning myself around, I took a deep breath in as I began to shake off my nerves, praying that the door would be unlocked and no one would be inside. Raising my hand up, I gently grasped onto the cold, metal handlebar and wrapped my fingers around it, pulling it towards me with force as the door slid open. I paused for a second, waiting to see if anyone was going to come out and yell at me, or if an alarm was about to go off. But so far so good. I braced myself as I entered through the doorway, submerging myself into the darkness of the building.